Chapter 17

Sapphire

Ambrose had helped me dry off. He and Obi and Lynx fixed the dress so it looked like I had never been in the pond. I couldn't think of what would have happened if Hades hadn't come. My hair was brushed back into a long braid starting at the crown of my head and a band of gold had been weaved through. I stared at myself in the mirror. Ambrose, Obi, and Lynx had left me for a moment of privacy. I was looking at my features, examining their closeness to Ares'. How did I not see it? Why didn't he tell me on the first day?

I felt heat ripple under my skin again and I pushed the feelings of betrayal away. Now was not the time. I didn't turn when the door opened and Hades entered. He came up from behind and wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his chin on my shoulder. "You look gorgeous." He whispered in my ear.

I turned my face to meet his gaze, "I look like him." I mumbled. "How did I not see it before? I look so much like him..."

"You look like you," he said placing a soft kiss on my nose. "We should be off, everybody else is already in the study." I allowed confusion to enter my gaze, "father thought it best that everyone around you knew of the prophecy... and your lineage..."

I laughed and turned to him, "my lineage?" I wrapped my arms around his neck and his hands found my the underside of my thighs as I wrapped my legs around his waist. "Thank you for today." I said placing a kiss on his lips.

"It was nothing, Sapphire." He said as he tightened his grip on my waist, "I'm sorry I can't take any of this stress away."

I laughed, "I'm not particularly stressed now," a coy smile played on my lips as Hades hummed approval and used his nose to push my jaw up. He began placing delicate kisses down my neck and he focused on the sensitive spot where my neck meets my shoulder. I let out a small gasping moan as he bit down gently and I pushed myself into him, simply enjoying the feeling of him touching me. One of his hands stayed supportive under my hips, and the other ran a tantalizing line up my spine that sent shivers through my entire body. I laughed, "If you give me a hickey everyones going to know."

I felt his lips curl into a smile against my skin, "know what?" He laughed, "that I like you?" I hummed in response, too lost in the sensation to form words. I was fighting to listen as his tongue traced a lineup the side of my throat, nipping at my jaw as he met my gaze. "I hate to break it to you, love, but they already know I'm taken with you."

I pressed my forehead into his, my eyes held playful amazement. "Taken with me?" He nodded and I laughed, "well, I'm flattered."

He placed a soft kiss on my lips and set me on my feet. I reluctantly let go of him and stood there, staring at him. Our bodies still touched. I could stay here forever.

Hades nuzzled his nose against my cheek and whispered in my ear, "we should go." I hummed as an answer and reached my arms around his neck and brought my lips to his. The kiss was needing and deep. His lips brushed against mine in a familiar scene. I had seen this before, but I was in a red dress. I pulled back and pressed my forehead to his.

"Let's go." I said as I wrapped his hand around mine. "Everyone else is there?" I asked. He nodded and wrapped the hand I was holding around my shoulder, crossing my arm over my chest. I looked to the ceiling, "Cletus, is there a faster way to the study?" We waited a moment before the bookshelf door opened to a torch lit passageway.

"I love that Cletus does this for you.." He murmured as he kissed the side of my head and began walking beside me. We walked in nervous silence for a long time, I loved the feeling of the weight of his arm around me. It was therapeutic.We came to the intersection with nine different ways. This time we took one fourth from the left. It winded and turned until we came to a wooden door.