Chapter 37

The next two week flew by in a sort of organized chaos. Erebus had become more of a pain in my ass, though I didn't mind his presence. He kept me on my toes. My spies had reported nothing suspicious about any of the ladies. Nor did anyone find anything on Kronos. Erebus saw shadows of Blacksight around Orion still. Last week he said the shadows appeared around Theodore, and Nicholas as well. It was a dangerous game we were playing.

I warned Ambrose about Theodore, though none of us know how to respond to the knowledge. I had gotten closer to my father. That was a good thing. He was nice and he cared about me. And it was a new feeling to have a parent care about me.

Hades stayed in my room each night for the first week and then I started sleeping alone. Allowing myself to wake from the nightmares and to sit in the sadness and to feel the anger and the fear and the uncomfortable feelings that made me want to hide. I had only woken Hades and Ambrose with uncontrollable flames once. There was frost covering my room under them.

Now I was sitting at the breakfast table next to Erebus and Hades. Hades was speaking to Cadmus and Erebus was staring at Obi.

"Is something wrong?" I whispered to him, "I mean other than the usual?"

He looked at me and cocked his head in confusion. "The usual?" I nodded and he laughed. "I don't think you're going to like what I'm about to say. I see a shadow around Obi."

I sipped the orange juice in my glass and fought to keep my breathing steady. "No..." I whispered. "Not Obi."

"Yes," he said, "And I see a shadow around his glass. I think it's in his drink right now."

I looked at Obi and was met with a warm smile and a small wave, which I returned. 'Ambrose.'

'Yeah Crow? What's wrong?'

'It's in Obi's glass.' I muttered through the link.

'No'

'Yes.'

I stood and moved around the table and picked up the glass in front of Obi and set it in front of Kronos. I leaned down and whispered in his ear as a tear slid down my cheek. "Blacksight." He looked at me but didn't say anything as I took my seat again. Obi looked at me with confusion and I smiled and shook my head at him and he shrugged and continued his conversation with Lynx.

"That was obvious of you." Erebus whispered.

I shifted in my seat to face him. "I'm tired of waiting for them to come. They know I know now. Nothing we can do about it." I picked up my fork and skewered a strawberry with it. I shoved it in my mouth and chewed numbly. All of this was my fault.

"Sparky." He cooed. And I don't know why I snapped then, or really why I did anything then, but I took my fork and stabbed it into his hand. He screamed in pain, "what was that for?"

"Fun." I seethed as I pushed my seat and walked from the room. Ambrose stood and followed me. Unfortunately, Erebus did too.

"Sparky!" He called down the hall, "Hey!" He stopped me by my shoulder and pushed me against the wall. It was only a second before my dagger was in my hand and pressed to his throat. "I just want to talk."

"Fuck you!" I screamed. No one had followed us from the dining room. Yet...

"I wish you would." He laughed. I pressed the knife into his neck and blood dripped from it and it stained his silver shirt. "I liked this shirt." He played.

"I hate this shirt!" I screamed. "I hate everything!"

"Should I remove the shirt? I'd be happy to let you help." He said with a smolder that made me wonder how he could be so stupid, but also so handsome.