|| 𝙰𝚄𝚃𝙷𝙾𝚁'𝚂 𝙽𝙾𝚃𝙴 ||

Definition - /HY·BRID/ - (noun): the offspring of two plants or animals of different species or varieties; a mixture of elements and characters, bred to increase niche/bred for a singular purpose...

~<>~

Greetings to all you wonderful readers out there! I am truly honored and excited that you've taken time out of your day to read this! And, above all else, I'm thrilled to be sharing this novel with you, and this adventure!

For those of you who do not know me, my name is Elijah C. Millington. I am a Caribbean male author who loves fantasy thrillers that are told from the eyes of it's antihero -- let it be that of a creature or a person. On some occasions I love to tie their stories into the real world, and squeeze out a message that you could all take away in the end. It's super fun (for me especially) and I enjoy experiencing these adventures above all else.

But I figure you're all here to see what this book is about. I don't wish to tell you everything about myself (that's what a profile page is for), so let's get into the good stuff.

~<>~

The story you're about to read is the second iteration of a fanfiction I once made, called Ripper: An Indoraptor Story. That fanfiction revolved around an indoraptor in mid-2018 -- Ripper -- who was 'given' a second chance at life in lieu to his death. In a turn of events, the journey evolved from a revenge story to a coming-of-age novel, as Ripper was exposed to different lives from different creatures: humans, his killer, and INGEN. He soon began to seek out his purpose, and what his life really meant to a world that saw him indifferently. This only magnified the disillusion of truth -- from the beginning all the way to the very end.

That novel started in August of 2018 as a draft, and soon finished in April of 2019.

Although -- from my perspective (since I'm much older now) -- the writing aspect was a bit rushed, there was some little problems here and there, and I made the main antagonist a bit too 'antagonistic'. Still, Ripper: An Indoraptor Story served to be one of my most popular books and is still drawing in readers from all around Wattpad, even now! Winning literally first place in mostly every award book I put it in, and gaining the Official Sticker of Wattpad Fanfiction (Including a Shortlist in the Wattys 2021), it was no question that this book was truly unique in every way.

It wasn't just a story that made a spark, it was a step forward into an entirely new world. And I have the fans to thank for it (and the ones who built it with me).

Yes, I thank you guys most of all for this. You're all the forefront of my inspiration.

Thank you.

So, because of your love and kind words, I've brought you all a new story: HYBRIDS. Originally I was skeptical about writing this.

Ripper is a completely different novel in comparison to Hybrids, both in terms of story, tone, meaning, and tragedy. Where that story had a powerful lesson to take away from, Hybrids is more of a culmination of movie history and fan service -- hence why I believe this story won't be as 'impactful' as Ripper. Hell, I doubt it'll win any award.

But, I will try not to disappoint.

Also, at the time of this book (October, 2022), Jurassic World: Dominion hadn't had a trailer, a plot, or any spoilers, hence why I am working in the dark. I took my ideas from the tales of Netflix's Camp Cretaceous, concept art for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, the game: Jurassic World Evolution and a bit further back too: Jurassic Park I, II, and III.