End Of A Beginning [Pt. 1]

Frustration was one of a million words to describe our enemy. Both for us... and for him.

The Ultimasaurus stumbled forward, hissing and wheezing as if out of breath. His remaining eye glowed like a nightlight amidst a stormy sea, spotlighting me as the cause of his arrogance. I could smell the hate reeking off his tuft, along with a flavor of weakness to smoke behind it's frame. It was growing inside him; that wanton energy that fueled his motivation was drying out. Red sensed it too. Both of his arms now hung just an inch above the ground, and his tail slumped all the same. Even his flesh jolted, losing its firmness that fused his muscles to the bone. It wouldn't be long before the sickness caught up... but I feared not long enough.

"How dare you pity them...," continued the hybrid, taking another heavy step that rendered a tremor beneath us. "All of you..."

The Scorpios Rex growled weakly, lashing his tail from behind. He said nothing to counter, as it was impossible to. Blink had centered his heart in a precarious spot; he knew what his heart longed for. Yet his mind had dreamt of ending humanity to save me. Never once to the latter of the mind, to stand as the savior of the creatures that created and killed him altogether. It went against everything he knew, everything he stood for. And Red knew that.

"You think... they'll care if you kill me, what then?" Red's eyes darted to Ripper, who shrunk back fearfully. "What happens to you... when this all ends?!"

I limped closer to Click, tilting my tail protectively in front of him. Red's eye returned to me and narrowed, his claws soon clenching into fists. "It doesn't matter... h-how innocent they are," he continued, baring his fangs at us all, "they're all the same. They deserve to die for what they've done."

My quills raised, primal eyes narrowing and tail lashing from behind. I wasn't buying it, I never would. Not to lose Click again. On seeing this reaction, Red snarled, tightening his jaws until his bones cracked.

"Nothing you do is going to change... what they are-!"

Out of the night, a shadow rushed forth, brown eyes ablaze with magnificence and hate, and teeth bared at the ready for the kill. It lunged without warning, plowing into the unsuspecting hybrid with a sickening crunch and squeezing his neck until he dared scream. Just enough momentum sent the Ultimasaurus skidding into the trees with an annoyed hiss, his nostrils flaring as the scent of an old enemy sunk deep into his lungs.

"And in walks the roach of the Jurassic..."

The female tyrannosaurus, Rexy, snorted as she stepped ahead of the group, jaws trembling with the fresh blood of her attacker. She was no longer concerned with her hour-old wounds, her primal instincts screamed of revenge, something she hadn't sensed in years. But she welcomed it freely, igniting a flame only ever seen in a hybrid. 

"Hrr... Still whimpering over that weak- Oof!" Red didn't expect her to charge him. The impact rocked his body and sent him skidding back another couple of feet, jaws agape in surprise for her efforts. Rexy hissed, tilting his head to the four bystanders at her tail.

"He's mine."

Nobody argued with that. Hybrids and humans shrunk away in acknowledgement, dipping into the safety of the nearest tree while she plunged into battle. And, while there was a sense of awe in watching her take on the wretched creature that hurt us all, I sensed something would cut her luck from winning this fight. Nobody had subdued Red long enough to consider victory, not even her. Not even Indy.

We didn't have to wait long; upon one of her attacks, Rexy was rewarded with a terrible slash from the Ultimasaurus's claws, tearing three red gashes across her face. Her tail followed her backdrop, whacking Red away before he could take her exposed flank, and spacing the two theropods amidst the wreckage.