The Beginning Of An End [Pt. 3]

|| 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟐𝐧𝐝, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟖 ||

The sky quaked by the might of his vengeful roar. It was a power he hadn't felt in weeks, and the freedom of his cry soaring over the pine forests felt so surreal, and promising. Part of his heart grinned over the sensation of liberty -- the one chance to be the hybrid he was destined to be. The other drooled over the hunt of this very night, and the creatures that fled from his claws amidst the growing storm above.

They'll give in eventually, he thought with a soft growl, swiftly following their moldy scents. Like all human beings in this wretched place. They fear me just the same, seeing me as an abomination rather than a creature. No matter, they're a means to an end. No matter how far they run, Death will find them.

He always does.

I always do.

His teeth were already stained by the blood of the guilty, mixed in with the freshwater that poured down from the heavens. This ooze, if you will, belonged to the imbeciles who tried to sell him to another foreign bidder, one that could very well abuse him far worse than before.

He shivered over the thought of being sold. Considering his past, he knew it wouldn't have gone any better than those times before. The way INGEN stabbed at his scales, electrified his nerves, and clouded his mind into that of a killer just hurt to think about. They drugged him for years, bashed his brains, impaled his body, struck him down, crushed him...

Now they sought to kill him after all these years. Only now did they think it was best to remove him from the world.

Why? 

Even he didn't know the answer.

His vengeful voice snarled over that intimidating future, and he lashed his tail in sharp denial. I shall live through this night, he thought proudly. These thieves will be punished for what they turned me into. 

They all deserve to die...

Ripper's black talons curled over the slates of roofing that bent the mansion into triangular points, and he steadied himself as he wandered over every nibble and ridge. His visage was spoiled by the intensity of the rainstorm, but he didn't mind the feeling of the cold droplets soaking his dried scales and curing his wounds. His nostrils flared, his quills shook upon his neck, and both eyes narrowed as he marched on after the three scents, feasting on their trail of fears. One in particular smelled just like the lab he was bred into. He knew who it belonged to, and her facial memory pierced his heart with anger and hatred. 

It made him wonder even more: Why was it that she wasn't abused just the same as him? Was it that he was born monstrous, and she wasn't?

Alas, they were both hybrids to begin with. Both clones destined for something strange. For now, he knew he had to find her... and deal with her swiftly. 

It wouldn't be long now.

Eventually, the roof bent into one singular wing, pointing south to the unlucky creatures. Although he smelled three, only two of them stood before the beast: a male and the little girl -- Maisie Lockwood. Ripper knew the clone's name plenty, overhearing it during tests, experiments, and everything of the sort. She was like him, almost identical if anything, just reduced to one of those primitive humans that served her no good in the animal kingdom. And she was annoying, very annoying.

And idiotic above all else. Like prey.

So, it was no surprise to the hybrid that he was able to corner them both without even trying.