The Seventh Extinction [Pt. 1]

|| 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏𝐬𝐭, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎 ||

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

CLASH!

CRACK!

BOOM!

CRUNCH!

The two hybrids exchanged blows from left and right; Red would tear into her shoulder blade, as Indy tore into Red's chest. But it was much harder for the white indominus to find openings; with Red's estranged physique, the only real weak points were his underbelly and neck. She'd forget that, too; Indy lunged onto his side like a raptor, and fastened her jaws onto Red's back. Her claws stabbed there too, for extra leverage and damage. But she couldn't break through his skin. Like steel rock, his back armor was near impossible for her teeth to tear into; the same went for her claws on his hips.

"What the-"

Red's jaws finally caught her tail, yanking her from his back and straight to the ground, back-first. Indy winced; the asphalt cracked and rippled on impact, and her claws stiffened as fresh pain lanced up her spine. She blinked, stunned and completely unaware of Red's coming arrival. Once the ground stopped shaking, Indy saw his foot crash down upon her underbelly, crushing her stomach and clenching inward for each of his toe-talons to slice into her flesh. Indy gasped, tasting blood quickly burst into her maw and squealed as Red dug deeper.

Indy snarled, trying to kick herself up; Red's weight kept her pinned down, locked for whatever deathly blow he had in store. Indy continued to cut and slash at his underside, even throwing blows that could knock the hybrid off his focus. But Red returned the favor quickly. His own claws batted Indy's away and, as she lunged up to bite his neck, a claw struck her skull, knocking her right back to the ground.

"Agh!"

Red snorted, suddenly pushing two of his claws against Indy's maw, one for the upper jaw, another for the lower-

And he began to pry them apart.

Indy realized the sensation quickly and started thrashing about, trying to snap her jaws shut. But Red kept stretching her maw, further and further until her body started to hurt. Indy screamed in pain, trying to kick up at her killer; it wasn't working. Just as Red went for the crushing blow, an explosion suddenly went off on his side, forcing yet another pained howl from the hybrid. Indy gagged once his claws released from her jaws. She secured her feet to his underbelly and pushed as hard as she could, disarming the predator backward, and freeing herself. Indy rolled to her stomach.

And came face to face with a military tank. The humans had finally decided to do something about this.

But at the worst time.

"Oh no."

The barrel started to glow, ready to fire directly at her. "No, not me!" the indominus yelped, trying to push away; the tank fired anyway, blasting her right to the ground and burning her body. Bullets started firing from behind her, striking her scales and cutting into her flesh. Red, who rose up in front of her, rumbled amusingly at their attacks.

"They don't seem to like you very much."

Indy felt another explosion go off on her back, forcing her to let out a shrill shriek of pain. Blood was starting to trickle down her back; they were pushing their efforts into the wrong dinosaur. And, still, they didn't seem to care.

"Stop it!" Indy's tail finally whacked the policemen backward, flinging some behind their vehicles, and others straight through the car windshield. In that single sweep, that third shot from the tank was redirected by her tail sweep, accidentally hitting one of the buildings. Indy rose to her feet as fast as she could, alarmed to see Red started charging at her. She glanced over at the tank slowly turning toward her, barrel at the ready, and growled.