The Faults Within

||𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎||

"I don't understand, Tom."

"You told me nothing bad was going to happen," Click growle. "A simple in and out, no guards, no military, just like every other mission you give us."

The man before him began leaning back against the rolling chair. "That's right."

"Boys in the tent said what exploded was seven barrels of gasoline — nobody holds that much on purpose unless they knew they were going to die. Whatever you sent us into was a set up. So, I'm going to stand here... and you're going to explain to me what this was all about."

The man, suited in a dark grey suit with black, leather shoes, dipped his head once, setting the tea kettle up in front of him before answering. "I said nothing bad should happen."

"Seven got hurt."

"And who's fault is that?"

Click narrowed his eyes, shaking his head slightly and sighed. "Not hers. And definitely not mine."

"So..." he lowered the kettle, "you come charging in here, in the black of night, to place the blame on, what, my company?"

"INGEN isn't yours," Click snorted. "It no longer exists ever since your Indominus tore through the park six years ago."

"I'm aware."

"So, no," he growled onward. "I don't blame this place, I blame you. You gave us the mission. You told me that it was safe."

"You were in the Middle East. Everything there is a threat to people like you." Doctor Wu then scoffed, studying Click for a moment, then turned away: "Did you even get the package?"

"You mean this cartridge of Gigantosaurus DNA?" Click growled, placing a tiny bottle of blood upon his desk before stepping back. "Bored of dinosaurs again, are we?"

Doctor Wu said nothing, only gathering the DNA to hold in his hands.

"A quick buck or two, if I'm not mistaken," Click growled on, "You know, if you wanted something worth Seven's life-!"

"You should've considered the consequences first before you and your men went charging into chaos like a horse off its reins," replied the doctor sheepishly as he examined the blood vial. Click snorted, spreading his hands across the desk and hissed through his teeth.

"I also want to know something. Did you tell them to leave the med-kit?"

The scientist narrowed his eyes, confused. "Med-kit?"

"Don't play stupid."

"Now why would I-"

Click slammed a hand upon the table hard, getting a flinch out of the surprised scientist. "Did you or did you not?!"

Henry exhaled, feeling his table tremble from Click's outburst. "No."

Click shook his head standing up for a moment and pushed the folds of his fingers through his hair.

"I told you once before," the man readjusted himself, "to be careful with how you handle my indoraptor. She's in the IMU because of you."

Click's eyes narrowed. "Me?"

"You still give her too much leeway. And you were acting too selfless, too arrogant, too submissive to her, even though you call yourself alpha. I've only met one human alpha who could actually manage himself with four other raptors, and you can't even handle one."