Nemesis [Pt. 2]

There existed no thought.

No fear. No hesitation.

Nothing but instinct took hold of both theropods, fueling their rage like the oil to a blaze.

Their bloodied fangs drooled.

Each nare twitched and puffed, every exhale a brisk hurricane of hate.

And, as the human world around them crumbled into chaos and ash, neither two could turn away from the glare of their nemesis. And neither would back down.

It is true, growled a thought in Indy's mind. The past never dies. It rots, and broils, and grows in the dark.

Only to haunt you like ages before.

The stench of an enemy robbed her mind just as it did for Rexy. The elder female shook in the presence of her oldest nightmare, her tail lashing as the memories began to surface. This monster doomed the worlds of humans and dinosaurs alike. And, even after all their sacrifices, all their struggles, and all their wars, the repercussions refused to cease.

Herbivores laid dead.

Blue's sisters rotted in the sunlight.

And the humans abandoned all hope, never to return. Not until their wants outweighed their needs.

Not until the island died, and she ended up here.

Stranded.

Alone.

Lost...

Rexy snarled. Everything that has happened started from Wu's little white lab rat. It may not bear the same stench, stand to the same size, or echo a voice anywhere close to the first, but it was still a threat.

As all hybrids were. She couldn't allow it to live, never again.

And, through one ground-shattering roar, Rexy lunged.

Indy echoed her cry with a roar of her own, slamming both claws into the ground threateningly, before storming forward. Truth be told, she had never felt so terrified. Watching a tyrannosaurus -- capable of snapping a body in two -- sprint toward you as the ground shook beneath your claws would make any creature turn away. But her heart pushed her on, drawing her steps further, longer, faster. She didn't care for the cars crushing beneath her feet, the blood roaring in her ears, or the houses that shattered from her swaying tail. Indy focused upon her prey, closer and closer, her jaws opening wide.

Until something happened.

Rexy twisted her body sideways almost away from Indy. It confused the hybrid too much to understand her actions, only to watch both flesh and bone jerk upward at full force, knocking the wind out of her lungs. Her skull slammed into a wall, dazing her for a moment before Rexy attacked again, coiling under Indy's neck and sinking her fangs into the spine. With a growl, she began to push, shoving the indominus's body into anything she could find -- a house, a sign, a tree -- using the human world to slash away her precious white scales. Indy tried to fight back, her teeth stabbing into the rex's bloodied neck, and pulling away meat.

It didn't faze her opponent.

Not even the sweet scent of her blood seemed to tame the beast's power.

The indominus found fear upon realizing she couldn't resist the rex's strength. Her toe-claws dug into the asphalt upon reflex, a burning sensation shredding at the tips and forcing Indy to retract with a snarl in pain. Another wall struck her calves, forcing a cry of anguish from her bloodied maw.