Redrum [Pt. 1]

(This chapter continues from Whispers & Wallows Pt. 2)

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

Thoom.

...

Drag-

Th-Thoom.

...

Drag-

Th-Thoom.

...

"Hrmm..." the injured indominus rex growled weakly, too hurt to speak. The scent of her spilled blood was overwhelming her nares and every other sense still in her arsenal. She didn't know what happened; her skull ruthlessly throbbed as if rung like a bell, and her body ached so terribly she wished herself unconscious again. All she could do was announce it all through her whimpers. It hurt so bad.

Th-Thoom.

...

Drag-

Th-Thoom.

Something was pulling her. She couldn't see who in the blackness of her closed eyes, but she could feel it. A pair of grizzly fangs had sunken into her tail ridge, a means to keep her steady and subdued. The ground shook in sync with each step the creature took; it was clear to her that it was a theropod. And it sounded hurt, too -- the wheezing, the weary snorts, even the way its feet scrambled for a hold as if losing balance. Indy grimaced at the way the concrete rubbed against her scales, her wounds drawing a thick trail of red behind her from where she once laid. She tried to speak, only to feel that wretched muzzle brace it; it was still on her.

Th-Thoom.

...

...

Thoom... Thoom...

Drag-

Indy gasped in shock. A rush of cold water splashed over her torn body, striking a fraction of her injuries all at once. She tensed up and whined, the pain went from minor to extreme. Another pull drove the rest of her bodily injuries deep into the pool; Indy unleashed a terrible cry, twitching and squirming to the freshwater sinking into her raw flesh.

"Easy..." growled a voice from above, patting her scales by the palm of a claw. "You are bleeding out."

She didn't listen. Indy's whines grew louder and louder; even if this was helping, the sensations kept her from ever taking this as a means to be thankful for. Tears soon burst from the seams of her eyelids, and the very puddle beneath her shook in fear of her resentment.

Until, finally, the pain receded.

Indy panted softly, pale nostrils flaring and jagged tail settling underwater with what little strength she had. The creature above her rounded to her snout via a cough, licking away the fresh blood painted on its pointed snout to make clear of the hybrid before it. For what little time she had to look, Indy raised her eyes; she couldn't make out its shape in the darkness, but something was there. Whatever it was. She noticed a flash of reddened teeth moving for her head and froze; it clipped onto her muzzle and pulled away. Finally, Indy's jaws slackened, freed from the binds of her captors. Though it was hard to voice such a feeling when pain still robbed you of your ability to speak.

That, and surprise.

"Hrrr..." the shadowed creature snorted, dropping the muzzle to the ground before limping toward an artificial waterfall hidden in the darkness. Indy tilted her heavy head toward the pool she laid in. Fresh clouds of blood streamed from her flesh, discoloring the water with a crimson tint and a smell so horrible that reminded her of rotting prey. Every shift of her scales -- whether a breath or a twitch -- split the cuts, forcing a hiss of despair from the indominus. She didn't expect it to be this bad.