The Guardian

Click didn't see himself falling for the job all too well.

Sorting papers? Filing documents? Any idiot with a brain could do that... except him. Then again, it was temporary on purpose.

    A month away from Seven felt like a man without his handy Swiss Army Knife. The world made sense when this pair were together, hand in hand, taking the world by storm. Fearless were these two -- unbroken, unchained, unionized like two lovers at sea. He loved that knife to death. It was special to him -- the twisted strength, the glimmer of it's perfect, stainless-

    He was going off topic. But what better to compare his first love to his next? Seven was just as important to him as he was to her. For six years they have thrived together, understanding each other's personalities from scent to touch. And, like a pair, they were able to predict one another, like the itch she'd nuzzle on his back, or the soft flesh beneath her neck that he'd caress to calm her. What became universal was the sound they'd make; Seven's tongue would flap upward, cracking the air, and Click's tranquil wind cresting between his front teeth.

Still, any person would consider it the strangest and luckiest bond of all time, but he didn't bother. Even while the world saw a man being protected by his predator, she was nothing more than a friend he could trust.

    And, so, she became his world.

    But the second his bored fingers turned on the television above his sorting desk, his entire world came crashing down. Devastated would be one word for his reaction. Horror would be another. No matter the term, the once-humbled trainer was rocked to find a burned out INGEN building on the news in Palo Alto, California.

    The same exact one he left Seven in.

    There was no thought that crossed his mind. No word to garner. His body took control in an instant, fumbling for his phone, his leather jacket, and the keys to his pickup truck waiting idly in the parking lot. No matter the frantic growls from his bald boss or the confused grunts of the staff, all his attention now focused on one thing: Seven.

    How terrible of a mistake was it to leave her there under Wu's protection? Now that he thought about it, he couldn't believe he faltered for his boss's self entitlement. He was in this mess because of him.

    And himself, included.

    After swinging the car door open, a frazzled Click twisted his keys into the slot, hearing the engine vroom to life, and slammed onto the brakes. The pickup screeched, scrambling backwards off the lot's edge, much to everyone's horror, and swerved across the bend into traffic. Streams of smoke rippled from the grinding rubber, leaving a poor dent into the street-

And a terrible smell for the bystanders to whiff at.

It took three long minutes of utter silence, before Click finally screamed. Slowing to a red light, Click reacted just as his indoraptor friend would -- roaring into whatever stood before him and destroying any piece of evidence that bore witness to it.

That would be his dashboard in this case.

"STUPID, LITTLE-!" He slammed his fist into the dashboard over and over, hearing the poor car groan and crack under every strike. "GOD DAMN IT!"

His words turned to screams. His screams to hapless little wails. And, after a dent had split the poor leather surface of the old pickup, there was nothing left to give. Click's bloodied knuckles slumped over the wheel, his eyes growing misty out of his pained emotions. He drove off just as the green light took hold of his visage, still whimpering for a breath.