Loyalty

"What did you do?!"

I froze in place. Indy's rage struck me harder than a runaway train, instantly rocking heart with pure terror. Even the dark crimson eyes that quaked from a midnight storm only made things worse. Alas, it was hard to explain anything to my friend: the scents upon me reeked of both blood and earth and, yes, another hybrid lingered beside me, adding a second threat to the dire situation. I grumbled, annoyed for what I've done: how else were you meant to explain that you submitted to an outsider, who only wishes to help a friend who never wanted to be helped? Even the sheer thought of the question stumped me. I had no answers, and I was left to crouch beneath her massive shadow and whimper like a worthless hatchling.

I guess I deserved a punishment for this. Even after the fact did I finally see why Blink scrutinized my humanity: I was too reasonable to danger. I only ever followed the rules designed for me by man, but never was my actions ever justifiable or true. It showed here, and that pissed off the noble Indominus Rex.

Now, Blink didn't seem to care for her sake (or mine) -- the black Scorpios Rex leisurely strolled by us, even as Indy snarled dangerously in his face. Even still, he barely reacted to begin with.

"SEVEN!"

"I-"

"She submitted," Blink huffed, pausing to look up at the albino hybrid. "And, because I spared her life, she agreed to help me with something personal."

"What?!"

"I..." I stammered shamefully, trying to put up an excuse. "I-I had no choice, but-!"

"There's always a choice, Seven!" Indy hissed, flames bursting in her eyes.

"Between life and death, I'd say on the contrary," snorted Blink with a waiver of his delicate tail. "But I mean no harm to either one of you. I'm only here to-"

"Quiet!" Indy roared, loud enough to make the very ground beneath us tremble. "I should skin you alive... both of you!"

I swallowed, trying to step forward to calm her. "Indy-"

"No, Seven! You were gone for at least six hours, I thought you were dead!"

My heart sank. Just hearing the pain in her voice spoke enough for how much she still cared for me, and how far she went to keep her promise. Breaking her trust was one of the many reasons I ceased to speak out -- I didn't want my judgment to hurt her anymore, even if what I had to say seemed important.

"I k-know," I stumbled over my tongue. "I... I just-"

"Submitted?" Indy lashed her tail whirling back to the black hybrid ahead. "To him?!"

I growled in dismay underneath her booming voice.

"I heard, sister. Loud... and clear. Keep that up... and we'll both be dead within the week."

I closed my eyes and bowed my head. Rather than tend to my misery, the hybrid shoved past me, finally focusing her attention upon the oblivious hybrid standing idly by the wall. "And, you."

"Hm?"

"Get out of my territory before you ruin us both," she scowled. "I'm not harboring another threat that'll ruin my life." Blink frowned, looking around for a moment, then eyed her from below.

"Your life?" he asked.

I opened my jaws to speak before the theropod growled a little louder, slamming her tail down to block me from standing in her way. The Scorpios Rex looked up, gawking at her massive size and stature, before a wild grin began to curl across his snout. It was a look that sent chills through my body.