Impressing the parents

Sasha is watching her sister do another practice lap. This time after she exited the rhythm section she sees Sophia's bike start to smoke. She starts to get really worried for her little sister. After Sophia crossed the finish line, she rides over to her. She takes off her helmet hangs it on the handle bar before getting off.

"What's wrong with your bike?" Sasha asks curiously.

"It sounded like the top end. I guess I over did it with all the practice." Sophia says.

"Can you rebuild it before the race?" Sasha asks.

"No, I guess that mom and dad won't get to see me race after all," Sophia says sadly.

Then a skinny man that looks a little nerdy slowly walks up to them. He is carrying a toolbox. He sees the disappointed look in Sophia' eyes. He clears his throat to get the girls attention.

"The name is Perry. I can fix your bike. People say I'm a motocross genius." Perry says.

"That's an impressive nick name. I'm Sophia by the way." Sophia says.

"Well, Sophia what do you say? Will you let me fix your bike?" Perry asks.

"I really want my parents to see me race. The race is in an hour and a half, can you have it ready by then." Sophia says.

"I'll have it done in time for you to warm up," Perry says.

"Sweet," Sophia says happily.

Sophia backs away from her bike. They watch Perry wheel it away. Sophia looks over at her sister. She sees a look on her face that said she didn't like the idea.

"Relax, sis, he is taking it to the garage right over there." Sophia says reassuringly.

"I know Soph. I guess I'm a little on edge after what happened with Dustin." Sasha says.

"At least this time, the guy isn't wheeling it away to some shop, across town." Sophia says.

"True, I really hope that Perry gets it done on time." Sasha says.

Thirty minutes later, Perry wheels Sophia's bike to them. He sees a huge smile on her face as she grabs her helmet off the handle bar.

"Thank you so much Perry," Sophia says gratefully.

"You're very welcome Sophia. I adjusted the float on your pilot jet, too." Perry says.

"Sweet," Sophia says gleefully.

She sits down on her bike, starts it up by kicking it and puts her helmet back on. She rides back over to the track. She rides around the track with the other riders who were warming up as well. After she does a few laps she rides over to the side of the track again. She takes off her helmet again to see Hunter and the rest of her friends. She sadly hangs her helmet on the handlebar when she didn't see her parents.

"Sasha, how come mom and dad aren't here yet? They promised that they would be here to watch me," Sophia says.

"Relax, sis, they'll be here," Sasha says.

"Yeah, Sasha is right. They still have ten minutes." Hunter says.

"That's not a lot of time," Sophia says.

= Silver Lightning =

Meanwhile, with Julia and Brayden, he pulled the car over to the side of the road. Julia hands him the map. He unfolds it and places it on the steering wheel.

"I told you to pull into that gas station a mile back to ask for directions. Now we are going to be late to watch Sophia's race. We promised that we would be there on time, remember?" Julia snaps.