The Hospital Trip

Hunter is still pacing the floor in the waiting room worried about Sophia. Blake tells him that she is going to be fine. He hopes when his brother hears those words, it will calm him down.

"I know Blake. I feel guilty about all this," he says.

"Come on bro, you didn't know that she was allergic to olives when you gave the pizza to her," Blake say.

"There is something I don't understand," Cam says.

"What's that Cam?" Blake asks.

Cam reminds him that Lilly was acting so calm throughout the whole ordeal. Hunter tells him that doesn't mean that Lilly didn't plan for this to happen. She is a sweet girl. She would never hurt anyone. Five minutes later Hunter finally sits down in one of the chairs and patiently waits for the doctor. Another ten minutes pass before  Doctor Abigail walks in. She has hooded chocolate-colored eyes, thick, straight, cream-colored hair and chocolate-brown skin.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Abigail. Are you all friends of Sophia?" Dr. Abigail asks.

"Yes, we are. How is she, Doc?" Hunter ask.

"She is going to be just fine. We are going to keep her overnight," Dr. Abigail answers.

"That's good news thank you, doctor. Can we see her?" Hunter asks.

"Yes, but don't stay too long she still needs her rest," Dr. Abigail answers.

The group leaves the room. Dr. Abigail leads them to her room.

Sophia is sitting up in the hospital bed. She sees Dr. Abigail and her new friends walk in.

"Hi Sophia, you have some visitors." She says.

"Hi Sophia, how are you feeling?" Hunter asks.

"Good," Sophia answers.

"Sophia, I'm sorry this is all my fault," Dustin apologizes.

"It's ok Dustin. You didn't know," Sophia says.

"We are just glad that you're okay," Hunter says.

"Me too. How long am I stuck here?" she asks.

"You will be released tomorrow morning," Dr. Abigail answers.

A few seconds later Sophia let out a big yawn. Dr. Abigail tells her it's time for her to get some rest. She nods, lays back down and falls asleep. Everyone leaves the room quietly and Dr. Abigail turns the light off as she leaves the room.

The next morning she's glad to see the nurse take the IV out if her arm. The nurse tells her that the release forms have been signed.

"Who signed them?" she asks.

"Your grandpa he came in earlier this morning." The nurse answers.

My grandpa he only shows up when there is a problem dealing with the end of the world does that mean. She thought.

"You all right sweetie?" the nurse asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she answers.

"Well, you are all set you can leave now. I brought you your clothes," The nurse says.

Sophia gets out of the bed, thanks the nurse, and leaves to change out of her gown. She walks out of the bathroom out in a pair of jean shorts and a cute t-shirt that reads give the chocolate and no one gets hurt. The nurse hands her purse.

She leaves her room and head back out into the California sunshine and ocean breezes.