Happy Birthday Sophia

Hunter is surprised when Sophia asks him to go to the motocross track to watch the race with him.

"Do you want to make a bet on who will win?" he asks as he notices that Sophia is getting into it.

"What does the winner get?" she asks.

"It's a surprise," he answers.

"I'm in. I think the rider on the forest green bike. What about you?" she answers.

"I think the rider on the black bike. Why do you think your guy will win?" he asks.

"He's been in the lead since the race started," she answers.

Hunter puts his arm around Sophia. Sophia decides to be bold and sets her head on his shoulder. Hunter, this makes him smile.

Wow, I guess she does like me. Hunter thought.

They continue to watch the race. A few laps later, the rider on the black bike crosses the finish line first.

"Aw man, I lost," Sophia says.

"Afraid so," Hunter says.

Sophia takes her head off Hunter's shoulder. She walks over to a hay bale, sits down, and looks at her feet. Hunter walks over to her and kneels in front of her. He uses his right hand to tilt her head up to see her eyes. Sophia watches as he leans in, and their lips are about to touch. She expects their morphers to go off again, but they remain silent. Then she feels Hunter's lips pressing against hers. Sophia feels her heart beating so fast as if it will come out of her chest, and her stomach is doing backflips. After they back away, Hunter sees a big smile on her face.

"So I guess by that smile on your face that you liked it," Hunter says.

"Yes, but I thought when someone loses a bet, that loser has to do something ridiculous," Sophia says.

"I would never do that to you, my little cheetah," he says.

"How come?" she asks.

"Two reasons, Sophia. One your sister would beat me up. Second I like you and..." Hunter says.

He is stopped midway through his answer when Sophia pulls him back towards her and kisses him. Sophia backs away.

"I guess that kiss meant you like me too?" he asks.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't tell you in words. I wasn't brave enough, I guess," 

"You're welcome, my little cheetah. How about we grab some lunch?" Hunter says.

Sophia nods, and they head off to get some grub. After they finish eating lunch, they head back to Sophia's apartment. They finish eating lunch and head into the living room. They sit down on the couch.

"Hunter, I have something to tell you," she says

"What is it?" he asks.

The truth is I always wanted to ride motocross," she says.

"Why didn't you say anything while we were at the track? I'm sure they would have let you do a couple of laps," he says.

"I was afraid that people would laugh at me. The last time I went to see a race was when I was three with my mom. I told my mom that I wanted to be a motocross racer. A man sitting behind us told me that I shouldn't do it because motocross isn't a girl's sport," Sophia says.

"That man was wrong. I have seen plenty of girls at my last race," he says.

"I bet they were in the audience, right?" she asks.