Sophia's first race!?

Sophia and Hunter are sitting on the couch in Sophia's apartment. Hunter couldn't believe how well she is doing at the track. "Your lap times are excellent considering you've been training for two weeks ago," He compliments.

"Thanks, I guess I'm just a quick learner. You haven't told anyone besides Kelly that I'm doing this right?" she asks.

"Don't worry Sophia; your secret is safe. Why, don't you want anyone to know that you're racing motocross?" he answers.

"I want to surprise everyone that's all," Sophia says, as she starts to roll her shoulders. "God, I didn't think that I would be this sore afterward, though." Hunter gets up and walks behind the couch. Sophia looks back. She sees he is about to places his hands on her shoulders to give her a massage, but moves away quickly. "Hunter, you don't have to do that," she says.

"I know, I thought I would be nice that's all," Hunter says.

A massage does sound nice. I could use a nap too considering I did have to get up early this morning. I keep forgetting I'm not a morning person. Sophia thought.

"Would you still like that massage, Sophia? My hands are ready," Hunter says.

"Yeah, that sounds great. Do you think afterward I could take a power nap too?" 

"Sure," Hunter says

Sophia leans back again so Hunter can give her the massage. He finishes rubbing Sophia's shoulders a few minutes later. He sits back down. Two hours later they leave to head to the track. When they arrive at the track, Kelly walks up to them. Kelly asks Sophia if she is ready. Sophia nods reluctantly.

"Don't worry Sophia, you'll be great," Hunter says.

Kelly and Sophia leave to get ready. They return, and Sophia is in her riding gear.

"Sophia, could you do a couple of practice laps to warm up for the race?" Kelly asks

Sophia nods and gets on her bike. After she finishes her warm up, she pulls over to the side and takes off her helmet. One of the other riders competing in the race next week, Casten walks up. He has large gray eyes that are like two pools of mercury and thick, straight, very short red hair.

"Who is this new rider?" Casten asks.

"Casten, this is my girlfriend Sophia," Hunter answers.

Sophia blushes because she is still getting used to Hunter calling her his girlfriend.

"The pleasure is all mines, and good luck today. Hunter, can we talk in private?" Casten asks.

He nods. They walk over to a couple of hay bales.

"Hunter, do you think that your girlfriend can do this? I mean she is going up against some of the top female racers in their division," Casten says.

"I know Casten, but this is her dream. I'm not going to tear her down like everyone else did," Hunter says.

"I hope she won't be too disappointed when she comes in last place," Casten says.

"Casten, don't you doubt her skills she could even win this race," Hunter says.

"I highly doubt that," Casten says.

"Why don't you stick around for the race and see for yourself," Hunter says.

"I will and when your girlfriend loses I'll get to say I told you so," Casten says.

Back with Sophia, she is talking with another rider, Cailey. She has deep-set indigo eyes and luxurious, wavy, medium-length black hair.

"Hi, Sophia, I'm Cailey. I'm impressed you're an amazing rider. Just, watch your speed when you approach the jumps if you get too much air it'll slow you down," Cailey says.

"Thanks, Cailey," Sophia says.

"No problem," Cailey says.

The girls say goodbye to prepare for the race. Twenty minutes later the race is about to start, and the racers line up at the starting line. Blake and Dustin are standing with Hunter on the sidelines.

"Why didn't you tell us that Sophia was racing today?" Blake asks.

"Yeah, dude, what you're problem?" Dustin adds.

"Sorry guys, Sophia wanted it to be a secret," Hunter says.

The worker raised the thirty-second board in the air, and a few seconds later the starting gates drop. The racers take off down the track.

"Hey, check it out Sophia's in third place right out of the gate," Blake says.

Come on Sophia you can do this. Hunter thought.

The race enters its last lap three minutes later. Sophia and Cailey are neck and neck as they reach the home stretch. Sophia speeds up to pass Cailey at the last second and crosses the finish line. The girls pull up to the side of the track. They take off their helmets and hangs them on the handlebar of their bikes. Then Dustin, Blake, Hunter, and Casten walk up. Sophia gets off her bike as Hunter gives her a hug.

"You were amazing out there," Hunter says.

"Yeah Hunter is right," Dustin adds.

"Thanks, guys," Sophia says.

"Hey Sophia, nice race," Cailey says.

"Yeah you too," Sophia says.

"I still think that you cheated," Casten says.

"Come on Casten, she beat me fair and share," Cailey says.

"Just one question how long have you been racing?" Casten asks.

"I just started two weeks ago," Sophia answers.

"Wow that's amazing you are something else," Cailey says.

Then Sophia is called to the winner's circle to get her trophy. After she receives it and helps Kelly put her bike back, Sophia along with Blake, Dustin and Hunter head back to Ninja Ops. They walk into the room. Sophia is hiding her trophy in her backpack. Sasha turns around to face her sister.

"Soph, where have you been? You missed practice this morning," Sasha says.

"I know, and I'm sorry I was..." Sophia says.

"Let me guess at the motocross track?" Sasha says.

"Yes, and what do you have against motocross?" Sophia asks.

"Noting I think it's a great sport. I just don't think you should be doing it," Sasha says.

"Sasha you're my sister. I thought a family is supposed to support each other not tear each other down," Sophia says.

She sets her backpack on the table and runs back out of the room as tears start to roll down her cheeks. Sasha walks over to the table and opens her sister's bag. She sees the first place trophy.

"She must be really good if she won this considering it was her first race," Sasha says.

"Yeah, she was incredible. I could tell one other thing when she was racing today," Hunter says.

"What's that Hunter?" Sasha asks.

"That she didn't care if she won the race. All she wanted to do is to prove to everyone that she could do this. She was having a lot of fun too." Hunter says.

"You saw all that just from watching her?" Sasha asks.

"Yes," Hunter answers.

"You know that every sport has some risk of the person getting hurt you know," Cam says.

"I know Cam, but she is my sister," Sasha says.

"Hey, no one else here knows how you feel more than Hunter and me. You know Sophia is right though you shouldn't be bringing her down," Blake says.

"You're right Blake I'm going to go talk to her," Sasha says.

Then the alarm goes off.

"You are going to have to do that later Sasha. We've got a problem downtown," Cam says.