Lighting Monstrosity

The next morning Sophia walks into the kitchen. She is wearing a tie-dye fringe crop tank, rip & repair trumpet leg jeans, and a pair of Zoey Jersey slip on shoes. Sasha walks in and hears her sister humming a happy tune while spinning like a ballerina.

"Hey, Sophia, how was the date?" She asks.

"It was nice. After the movie, we went up to the mountains and watched the meteor shower," Sophia answers.

"Has Hunter asked you out for a second date, yet?"  She asks.

"No, I  think he will soon. He told me that has a race next week so he'll be rushing to the track right after training the next few days." Sophia answers.

"How come Kelly didn't ask you if you wanted to compete too?" She says.

"This race was for racers with at least two years of experience." Sophia answers.

 "We need to head to Ninja Ops right after breakfast for training." She says.

At Ninja Ops, everyone is waiting for Sophia and her sister to show up.

"It's hard to believe that Lothor hasn't sent anything to terrorize the city," Hunter says.

"Yeah, it's great." Dustin says.

"We shouldn't let our guard down. Lothor has to be planning something big," Sensei says.

A few minutes later they hear footsteps and turn around. They see Sophia and Sasha walk in the room. "Now that the girls are here I think it's time to start morning training," Sensei says.

"Yes Sensei," The rangers say.

Cam turns his laptop on and readies the simulator. Hunter and Sophia are the first ones to try Cam's new simulation. They stand in the middle of the room. Cam turns on the simulation and the room disappears. They are walking around a simulation of the same beach where they celebrated her birthday. A few seconds later a monster appears. Hunter uses his ninja powers to attack it. The monster absorbed it then fired it back towards him.

"Hunter, look out," Sophia says.

Sophia jumps in front of him. Sasha has a bad feeling that Sophia is going to try to redirect the attack the way their grandpa taught her. "Cam, is Sophia able to hear we while she is inside the simulation?" Sasha asks.

Cam presses the space bar.

"Sophia, don't try that you haven't mastered that move yet," Sasha says.

Sophia didn't hear her sister's warning. Sasha watches as her sister flies backwards after Sophia fails to redirect the attack. She lands on the ground. Hunter runs over to her. He tries to wake her up.

"Sophia, can you hear me?" Hunter asks.

Sophia just moans. Sasha orders Cam to turn off the simulation. He quickly turns it off. Sasha darts over to her sister. She checks her pulse. She lets out a long sigh of relief when she feels her sisters weak but steady heat beat.

"Is she going to be okay?" Hunter asks.

"Yes, she got the wind knocked out of her," Sasha answers.

Hunter walks over to the swivel chair in front of the computer. He sits down and hopes that she wakes up soon. Five minutes pass but to the Rangers it felt like five hours. Hunter hears Sophia moan again. This time, he watches her eyes flutter.

"Guys, Sophia is waking up," Hunter announces.

The others run over to them. They crowd around the chair. Sasha tells everyone to back away a bit to give her some air. Everyone takes two steps backwards. They see Sophia's eyes open slowly and blink a few times. The first face that comes into Sophia's line of sight is her sister.

"Hey sis, what happened? The last thing I remember was fighting in Cam's simulation," Sophia says.

"About that while you were in there Hunter attacked the monster first. His attack got redirected back towards him. You tried to help him with that technique grandpa taught you. Didn't he tell you that you went ready to use it?" Sasha says.

"Yes, but I wanted to try," Sophia says.

"That wasn't a good idea she was lucky that Hunter's attack wasn't at full strength," Sasha tells her sister.

"Sophia, I would've been mad at myself if we had to take you to the hospital because of me," Hunter says.

"Sorry guys," Sophia says.

A few seconds later the alarm goes off. Hunter helps Sophia to her feet so Cam could sit down. They gather around the screen. They see Lothor's latest minion.

"A lighting bug and meerkat combo...I think he is scraping the bottom of the barrel," Sophia says.

"Soph, stay here. We can handle this," Sasha says.

"Sasha, I'm part of the team too. I'm going to help them fight the monster whether you likes it or not," Sophia says

The Rangers morph and head to the quarry.  They arrive to see it attacking rocks with lightning bolts from the tips its wings. 

"Hey, why don't you try fighting something that fights back?" Dustin says.

The monster turns around to face the Rangers. Sophia couldn't tell if Dustin's last comment made it mad. The only thing it did was flap its wing faster. "Hello Rangers, I'm Disinterred Immolator. I will destroy you and your beloved city," Disinterred Immolator says.

"Not while we're here," Hunter says.

Sasha attacks first. She takes out her Lightning Zapper. Disinterred Immolator absorbs the blast. IT starts to laugh evilly.

"What's so funny Disinterred Immolator?" Sasha asks.

"It's simple gold ranger. All your attack did was help power me up," Disinterred Immolator answers.

Disinterred Immolator shows her by blasting him with lightning from its wings that were twice as powerful as the strength of the attack from Sasha's lighting zapper. The Rangers fly backwards and hit the wall of the quarry. They land on the ground demorphed. Disinterred Immolator walks over to them. Sasha watches as it picks up her sister. Sophia tries to use her ninja powers to escape. Disinterred Immolator uses another one of his powers and reroutes the attack. Sophia screams out in pain as she gets shocked with her powers.

"Sophia!" Hunter and Sasha shout.

They try to get to their feet. Disinterred Immolator blasts them again. They look up as Disinterred Immolator shocks Sophia again with the last of his strength. The Rangers watch as Sophia faints.

"Now will see which one of you lighting Rangers will last longer under Lothor's evil spell goodbye rangers," Disinterred Immolator says.

The Rangers watch helplessly as Disinterred Immolator takes the unconscious Sophia back to Lothor's ship. The Rangers get to their feet. Hunter goes over to Sasha. He places his hand on her shoulder. She looks over at him.

"Don't worry Sasha. We'll get Sophia back before Lothor has a chance to turn her against us," Hunter says.

I hope so Hunter, Sasha thought.