Chapter 33

After a nice long nap, Tyler and I both woke up refreshed, but hungry for a good meal. We shared a nice long shower and I got dressed while Tyler trimmed up his beard. He doesn’t shave it, but it does take care of it enough that it frames his sexy jawline. That’s right, my man has a sexy jawline. I passed by the bathroom on my way to unpack my makeup and hair supplies when I see Tyler standing there in nothing but a towel, drops of water still hanging off his perfectly formed abs. He spies me in the mirror and does a little flex and winks in the mirror.

“You’re doing that because you know it turns me on.”

He puts on the most innocent-looking face that he has, “I don’t know what you’re talking about Charlie. I’m just in here getting ready for dinner. You’re the one eyeing me like I’m your next meal.”

“Mmhmm, you just happened to be flexing your muscles just as you caught me looking at you?”

“You like these muscles, baby?” 

“I do.” I walk over and run my fingers over his pecs and down to his six-pack. He lets out a low growl and I look down to see him starting to get hard beneath the towel.

“Char…,” he says with a growl.

“Yes?”

“You’re going to be crossing into a dangerous territory soon.”

“Oh yeah?” Tyler spins around and I reach up to kiss him. He smiles and then kisses me back.

“God, I love you.”

“Oh yeah?”

“So much.”

I step away from him, breaking the growing heat between us, “You better go get dressed or you’re going to miss the chance to take me out for dinner.”

“Are you being a little tease, Charlie?”

“Who me?” Tyler reaches out for my arm, pulling me back into his chest. He nuzzles into my neck and gives me a little love bite. I yelp and he walks away to go get dressed. When I look in the mirror I can see the bite mark that he left right below my neck. “Tyler Brown!”

“Hmm?” 

I stomp into the bedroom after him, just missing him sliding into a pair of boxers. For just a moment I forget what I am yelling at him for, but then I snap out of it. “You left a mark!”

“Oops.”

I grab my concealer and get to work covering the mark that he left on my neck. Tyler, wearing a pair of jeans now, comes up from behind and grabs it out of my hand, holding it over my head. “Don’t you dare cover that up, I want the entire city to know that you belong to me.”

He glides his finger over the mark again and then goes back to getting ready. Once we get ready, we head downstairs to his truck and get in. He still hasn’t told me where we are going and he’s right that all these surprises are just plain torture. About ten minutes later we pull into a parking lot and I look up.

“Indian Palace? Tyler! Did you bring me to an Indian Food Restaurant?”

“Oh is that what this is?”

“But you said you hated Indian food!”

“No,” he corrects me, “I said I’ve never had it. It isn’t exactly a popular cuisine in Valley View.”

He gets out of the truck and comes to my side to escort me into the restaurant. All of the spices hit my nose at one time. I used to have Indian food at least once a week when I lived in Madison. The owner of the small place I went to even got me to try some spicy dishes that I learned to love over time. It is bringing back all sorts of memories even though the place is different. “Wow, it smells so good in here. This is just like the place in Madison that I go to!”