{13} Mayhem

Reign

violent or damaging disorder; chaos.

Flashback 6 years ago.

The house is quiet the only sound is the rain knocking against my window.

I'm in my room waiting for him.

Dylan. My boyfriend.

He said he would be here waiting at 7pm. I look at the clock and see it's almost 9pm. I hope he hasn't forgot about me.

There's a knock before the door opens and my dad comes in and tells me he has a surprise for me. Its probably another gun like always. I ask him if it could wait till tomorrow and he tells me no. So I follow him.

I ask him what are we doing on this floor. This floor is where all the killing happens. He doesn't say anything he just stares at the door in front of us.

My brothers walk out a few seconds later and their knuckles are busted and bleeding. "Who did you guys beat without me?" I ask trying to lighten up the mood but they only look away.

"Don't worry you have the best part fiore." Dad says pushing me into the dark room.

A light hangs from the ceiling on someone. And it's Dylan. Tied to a chair, beaten and bloody. I rush over to him and check his pulse. It's there but barely.

I run back to the door and begin to bang on it. I don't even bother trying to open it because I know it's locked. I heard it click the second he closed the door.

"Dad please! I'm begging you! Please don't do this! Why?! Why are you doing this?!" I keep hitting the door until my hands are red and swollen. It opens and he stands there with a gun in his hand.

"Please, why are you doing this to him? He did nothing, Dad." I cry out. He puts the gun in my hand. I look at it and throw it across the room. Which earns me a punch in the face, I fall and feel my nose start to burn.

"You know the rules either you come out alive or they do." Is all he says before shutting and locking the door again. I walk over to Dylan and untie him before sitting on the ground.

Time goes by I don't know how long before he starts to wake up. He looks around with the one eye that hasn't been split.

"Reign." His voice is raspy and barely there.

"Yes it's me, I am so sorry I had no idea they knew about us. Dylan, I promise i'll make this right."

"No it's my fault, I knew what I was getting myself into."

"It's not I came on-"

"It doesn't matter I allowed it to keep happening." He says wiping a tear off my cheek, "Don't cry my pretty girl." He gets up and limps over to the gun before grabbing and placing it in my hand.

"No Dylan, please I can't do this." I push it away.

"You can and you will, you know what will happen if you don't." He holds my face with both his hands. "Do this for me, okay?" I look down and he kisses my forehead. He wipes away my remaining tears before sitting back down.