{22} Dubious

Reign

hesitating or doubting.

3 days earlier.

The plane ride back wasn't so bad, except for Raven who was panicking the whole way but it's okay it was her first plane ride.

"Is that my Dad?" I ask Dina who is on the phone and she nods.

"Raven, do you remember everything we told you." I ask and she nods. We walk to the vehicle waiting for us. We greet Samuel and he takes us to my father's house.

On the ride there, I can only think about what his reaction will be. About Luca, maybe he'll have a change of heart. I know he won't so I don't even know why i'm wasting my time.

Samuel parks the car and we thank him, Dad and my brothers come out to help with the luggage. They all look at Raven when she's that last to get out the car. She stands behind me and Dina, obviously a bit scared. I know this is too much for her.

"Who's she?" Dad asks.

"I already told you on the phone, there was someone with us." Dina says. He looks at the woman and she looks right back at him. I open Dash's cage and Raven grabs him, I grab the rest of his belongings and bring them into the house.

"It's good to see you both back and unharmed." Jycobi says.

"Yeah that's true but I remember sending two of you not three." Dad says leaning against the back of the couch.

"Well shit happens Roman, she needed somewhere to stay so we gave her sanctuary." Dina spits out folding her arms.

"She could have gotten it somewhere else." He argues back.

"Well she didn't, so she's staying with us now, like it or not." Dina is the only person I know to live after a sentence like that.

"What's your name girl?" He asks.

"Raven." Dina says.

"I asked her."

"She doesn't talk."

"Well she better learn."

Watching both of them go back and forth is like watching your parents bicker about something little.

Which technically they are.

"Dad, you're freaking her out, can you chill for a minute?" Nate says.

I look at Raven and sees she's breathing is rapid, she calms herself down by counting down with her fingers.

"They've brought a stranger into my house and you're telling me to chill."

"She's a kid, Dad." Rage states.

"And? Did you forget what you all were doing at her age? Killing, torturing, arson and more, who's to say she isn't like that?"

"Me. I've already been through this with her multiple times. She's not a threat, she just a child that needed a place to stay." I say and he rubs his temples.