{31} Secrets

Reign

I walk back over to my parents and Santiago to apologize about my outburst. There's a reason why I don't like talking about kids.

Out the corner of my eye, I see Raven and Messiah walk off somewhere. "Hey, i'm gonna go outside for a bit." I tell Luca.

"I don't want you out there alone."

"Don't worry, i'll go with her." Dina says from behind me.

"I don't want neither of you out there, especially without protection." Luca says looking at Dina.

"Roman will go with them." Santiago says with a smirk.

"Hell no." Luca spits out. I rub the back of his hand.

"It's fine, Luca." He looks at my dad, who looks right back at him. He reaches behind him and gives me a gun, making sure Roman can see what he's doing.

"Shoot first, then come tell me." He says in my ear and kisses my cheek. I nod and walk to where Messiah and Raven went. There's a door to the outside further down, he'll probably think we went out that door. I hear grunts and ruckus come from the door.

Please tell me they're not.

"Aubrei, where are you going?" Dina asks.

"Can you two stay here for a second?" That's when I hear Raven use a technique that my dad taught us.

The Manipulative.

I rush in the room at the end of the hallway and right as Raven is about to stab Messiah I grab her arm.

I'm so fucking pissed at them. Raven especially. She knows she can't do shit like this or i'll get caught.

"You two better explain, what the fuck is going on right now." I spit out.

I grab Messiah by his ear and then grab Raven by hers and sit them both down in the chairs. "Speak!"

"Aubrei.." I hear Dina say calmly but ignore her.

"Right now!" I yell at them again and they both jump.

"Reign!" I hear my dad yell and I look at him like he's lost his goddamn head. "Give me the gun." I look down at my hand and see I have the gun out.

Safety off.

Wait. What?

Oh no. I look back at the two teens and see Raven is crying and Messiah is blinking back his tears. What the fuck have I done? Dad grabs the gun out of my hand and sits me down at the table across from them.

"I'm so sorry." I choke out.

"Are you okay?" I hear Dina ask the both of them but they never take their eyes off of me, afraid I might have another moment.

"Aubrei?" I look up at Messiah. "Do you need help? Is somebody making you do this?" Before I can speak, my dad does.

"Making her do what?" Messiah eyes my father and shuts his mouth. "Do what?!" Dad gets in face but Messiah doesn't fold.