{45} Reckless

Luca

(of a person or their actions) without thinking or caring about the consequences of an action.

Night before the auction.

Like every other night before someone big happens, the house is dead quiet.

After showering and getting dressed, I get in bed with Aubrei. Wrapping my arm around her waist, I pull her closer.

She turns over to face me. "Hey."

"Hey." I say back.

"You got in late tonight." She says looking at the time. Last I checked it was almost 3 a.m.

"Yeah, I know you couldn't live without me." I joke and she smacks my arm.

"Cocky bastard." She laughs. "I did miss you, I only saw you at breakfast today and we barely had time to speak to each other."

"I know, that's my fault." I grab her thigh and hook it around my waist.

"You know, I think your love language is physical touch."

"Love language?" I question.

"Yeah, it's your way of showing love." I nod, rubbing my thumb along the side of her neck. "Like you have an unhealthy obsession with my neck." She laughs.

I laugh along with her. "I really do. It's my weakness. You in general, are my weakness."

"Better not let your Dad hear that." She grins showing one of my favorite things.

Her metal retainer.

~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~

Day of the auction.

"Okay everyone, as you know civilians will be present at the establishment, therefore we have to be careful." I say.

"Everyone has their assigned role and knows what to do, yes?" Aubrei asks looking around the room. Courtesies of yes ma'am can be heard. "Messiah?" The young assassin looks up from his phone, with a lollipop hanging from his mouth. Aubrei walks over to him and snatches it from him. "You do remember that you're getting braces in a few days don't you?" He sulks folding his arms. "Do you know what you're supposed to do at the bidding?"

He nods. "Scout a little then go find Ameer or Oliver."

"Good." She walks back over to me grabbing my hand. "So we're all good?" She looks around seeing the soldiers nod. "Okay then let's go."

"Wait!" Ameer yells and everyone turns to see what he has to say. "Shouldn't we walk out with like a saying or something?" The idiot asks.

"Like what?" Oliver asks.

"I don't know, maybe something like. Hail Hydra."Ameer shrugs. He gets smack upside the head by Dal Bon.

And just like that sprits are lifted.

~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~
Reign

Walking into the formal event, people who i've only heard about are here.

Messiah's shaking hand grabs mine. "It's too many people here. A lot of them will get hurt." He says quietly after scoping out the place.

"Not if we're careful." I reassure him.

"And if we aren't?"

I sigh. "Then we pay our respects to the ones who lost their lives." He frowns a bit before nodding and walking over to Oliver and Jycobi.