{21} Safe

Luca

protected from or not exposed to danger or risk; not likely to be harmed or lost.

"You're late." Is the first thing my father says to me when I walk through my door.

"We'll you didn't give me a specific time, you only said later." I say walking past him and give Ms.Bruna a forehead kiss.

"What the hell do you have on? Go put on a suit." I look down at my black hoodie, sweats, and 1s. I don't see a problem with what I have on but whatever. I go upstairs to my room and change, I decided to go without the suit jacket and just wear the rest.

I go back downstairs and Dad is there waiting, he looks at me and nods in approval. We walk to the other side of the mansion where the meeting room is and everyone is here. They all stand when we enter the room. We walk to the head of the table and take a seat, dad sits on the right of me and Kian sits on the left. Every since I was 15 i've been sitting in this chair.

"Siediti." He says and everyone sits.

"As you all may know the Gala Dinner is Saturday. Which means everyone will be there from friends to allies to foes. There's a 75% chance that something will go down, especially with the Cartels and Russians. Izan Garrido and Dmitry Kozlov, wants my father and Roman dead, they probably have already scouted the building out and are looking for places to hide weapons. But what they don't know is that we have had a live feed on the Museum of Art for the past week so we know everything." I point to the overhead projector that's showing the video of Kozlovs and Garridos men hiding weapons.

"With the type of equipment they have, my guess is their targets aren't only my father and Dal Bon. It's also someone as equally dangerous as them, I have a feeling it's Riley. Last week Tony Atkins body was found in one of the Garridos truck, the body had been frozen but that wasn't the cause of death. He was shot twice and his neck was cut open, which is one of Riley's sign."

"That and her name was carved into his forehead." Roman speaks for the first time today.

"So should we be worried about her too?" Before I could say anything Dad speaks.

"Yes, even if shes not there for us, I want her dead she's killed 3 too many of us, and I can't let that slide." He voices. I agree but I don't think we should kill her right away, i'll talk to Dad and Roman about that later.

"I agree but we are forgetting the most important part, this is a venue that will be filled with bystanders too, we can not go in there gun blazing. But we can go in prepared for anything. Everyone will be assigned to a position by Roman or Nick." I stand up and so does everyone else. "Domani cominciamo a prepararci." With that they nod and I excuse them.(Tomorrow we start preparing.)

Dad's entourage with the exception of Roman leaves with them to go assign soldiers. "You did good son."

"You tell me that every time dad but thanks." I say in a monotone voice.

"Yeah you did but you're forgetting two things." Amber says with a smirk.

I raise my eyebrow. "Messiah and your girlfriend." She says trying to be petty. Just by the way Desmond tilts his head to the side and his jaw ticks I can already tell he's pissed. He might be the quietest one but he's also the deadliest. Kian is staring straight at her with anger. Ameer is looking at the ceiling with his fist balled. Oliver is looking confused as ever. "You remember her? Alice? I think that's her name."