{42} Inadequate

Reign

lacking the quality or quantity required; insufficient for a purpose.

"How did it go?" Luca asks me as I walk into his office.

"As of right now we have a deal." I sit on his lap.

"As of right now?" He questions and I nod.

"I'm debating if we should go through with it. She's already been through a lot." He leans back in his chair.

"Basically you're telling me, you're gonna use yourself?"

"Not exactly." I run my hand over his hair. "Devine Dining is out of a manager today, so I have to go."

"No. Call Lawrence in."

"Lawrence is on vacation." I remind him.

"Are you forgetting someone is trying to kill you?"

"That someone is in our basement. I'll be fine, baby. My security detail will be with me." He sighs. "And Zoe's."

"Why her's?" He raises an eyebrow.

"She's coming with me."

He shakes his head. "Nope."

"Please. Kian said he'll come along as well." He sighs again, I know i'm a handful. "I think they have some kind of crush on each other."

"Well married women are his type. Promise me you'll be safe."

"I'll be fine, Luca."

"Promise me."

"I promise." He kisses me and I deepen the kiss.

And one thing leads to another.

~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~

"So, you and Kian?" I ask Zoe. She sits on the other end of the sofa. We made it to Devine without being seen which is good.

"Huh? Oh, it's nothing." She pokes around at her food.

"Oh, it's something." She smiles. "Especially since I know how cheap he is."

"Yeah, I don't know why he bought so many clothes. It's not like i'm staying here for long."

"Where would you go?"

"Back home. To Honduras. If everything plays out correctly."

"It will." She nods. "You have family there?"

"I do or I did. Hopefully, my mother. I haven't seen her since my father took me away."

"And the what if question?"

"Then i'll find peace alone." I nod, sitting my plate on the coffee table.

"Okay, no more sad talk for the rest of the day." I get up. "I've got Luca's card and you need a dress for the auction."