{30} Party

Reign

"Did you call your mom and tell her the time?" Luca reminds me.

Today is the Christmas party, which means everyone will be here today. "I did. What did you do with Messiah's gifts?" I ask double checking Dash's dog bag. Ms.Bruna offered to take care of him while we're at the party.

Messiah that little boy is something else. I swear he acts as if i'm his mother. He told me that he only wanted a dagger with his name engraved on it. Luca got it for him, while I got him some other things. I wanted him to experience a real Christmas, the boy grew up on the streets after his parents were killed by Luca's grandfather but he doesn't know that. That's the whole reason why Luca took him in, he felt guilty knowing his grandfather killed them for no apparent reason.

"Yeah, it's in the closet." We'll exchange gifts here when we come back. I walk over to him and help him button up his shirt. "Will you be okay? I just realized I didn't ask if you're okay with going. I'm sorry." He asks.

I look up at him and see his eyes filled with sincerity.

I love this man. I do.

I place my hands on the sides of his face. "You're too good for me, I don't deserve you." I barely say above a whisper. We stare in each other's eyes for what feels like eternity. I can't kill him. I won't kill him. Fuck what my father says. I love him.

I love Luca.

"Baby, why are you crying?" I feel his thumb swipe across my cheek. Should I tell him. No at least not right now. Wait till tonight.

"I'm just so thankful for you." You're everything to me. Is what I want to continue saying but I don't. He smiles down and me and gives me a kiss filled with nothing but love.

He pulls away. "I l-." No. Don't. I cover his mouth with my hand. I shake my head and close my eyes, trying to ignore what he he was about to say. "No, you can't Luca, you don't know what you're saying. It's too early."

He looks at his watch. "It's four p.m., do I need to wait till eight?" He smirks at the joke.

"You know what I mean Tae, it hasn't even been a full month since i've been back. How can you feel that way?" I feel myself start to have a panic attack.

"Hey, calm down, it's okay." He says softly and pulls me against his chest. "What happened to you, my love?"

I wish I could tell you.

~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~~•~•~~
Raven

Ms.Dina and I walk into the venue where the party is being held. I'm met with a glass of champagne the moment my foot steps through. I grab it and Ms.Dina takes it out of my hand and gives me a look.

"What? I wasn't going to drink it." I mumble.

"I couldn't tell." She says and I spot Aubrei talking to her boyfriend. I let go of Dina's hand and walk towards them. Someone bumps into me hard and I almost trip but regain my balance. I look to that person and see it's a boy.

"Woah i'm sorry, no need for the death stare." He says holding his hands up in surrender. I didn't realize I was giving him a death stare. I nod and continue walking, he follows me. I stop and stare at him. "I'm not following you doll, i'm heading to my parents." I scrunch my face up at the nickname and look to where he points. There's no one over there except for Aubrei and Luca. "You don't like the name doll?" I shake my head. "Then what's your name?" Shit. Why does he have to ask questions? I sign my name even though he probably won't understand then walk away.