Chapter 6

When I got back to the office I saw Mr Hong and Mr Nam arguing about the Babel's case.

"Don't be absurd" Mr Hong said. "It's not over-"

"-Until it's over?" Mr. Nam cut him off with a deadpan look. "But it's really over now."

"We still have hope" Mr Hong fought back. "Trials are full of twists and turns"

"And the always work against us" Mr Nam said

"Maybe not this time around" Mr Hong said. Then he looked up. Both Mr Nam and I looked up wondering what he's looking at.

"God help us" he said to the ceiling.

"Oh, god" Mr Nam mocked him.

"You little......" Mr Hong said reaching out to smack Mr Nam.

I started chuckling at their antics as I made my way to my desk.

"Ah, Yoon Su-ah where were you?" Mr Nam asked when he saw me.

"Oh I was just running an errand" I smiled at Mr Nam.

Then Vincenzo walked in. He looked around for a bit as if he was looking for something then his eyes landed on me and we made  eye contact. We made eye contact for a long moment before he greeted me.

"Yoon-su" With a barely noticeable smile.

"Vincenzo" I greeted back with a more noticeable smile. We stared at each other for a short moment then he turned to Mr Hong.

"Back for more tricks, are you?" Mr Hong questioned sarcastically.

"I have a favor, Please share with me the documents you have on Babel E&C" Vincenzo requested.

"What for?" Mr Hong questioned curiously. "I see, You want to study your enemy before defeating them?, Gosh, are you still pulling this stunt?"

"Yes, I will blow both you and the tenants away with this stunt." Vincenzo said.

"You should leave" Mr Hong told him then turned his back to Vincenzo.

"The one who helps out the losing team in a war isn't an enemy but-" Vincenzo started to say but he was cut off,

"An ally. Right?" Mr Nam continued with a knowing look.Vincenzo nodded at him with a little smile.

"That ally......" Mr Hong started to say but stopped as Vincenzo and him stared at each other intensely for a couple seconds.

"Are you guys gonna start making out or are you gonna make me sit and wait it out?" I asked in Italian while leaning my head on my hand to break the tension.

Vincenzo snapped his head in my direction with a horrified look on his face, while I shot him a cheeky smile in return. Mr Nam and Mr Hong looking confused between us.

He then turned his head back to Mr Hong waiting for him to respond.

"Sir, There are things that can only be verified through trust, if you want to win, give me a chance instead of doubting me." Vincenzo tried to convince.

"Yeah Mr Hong, give him a chance, besides I'll be there if he messes up so no need to worry about anything." I smiled at Mr Hong trying to help Vincenzo's case.

Mr Hong studied the both of us for a minute, contemplating whether he should or shouldn't.

"Ju sung" He called out to Mr Nam. "Hand him all the documents we have on Babel E&C"

"Yes sir" Mr Nam responded getting to work.

Vincenzo smiled in victory and turned to me smiling a little wider while I smiled and gave him two thumbs up.
————————————————