Chapter 12

Third person's POV

When Chayoung got to the restaurant she saw a lot of people crowding around the entrance. She was confused as to what is going on so she pushed through the crowd and made he way to the front. When she did she saw the truck right in the middle of the destroyed restaurant. She was in shock. Everything was in slow motion. She started rushing into the ruins of the restaurant and saw her dad laying there with blood pooling around his head.

-————————————————

The medics came and rushed the three men to the hospital for treatment. Vincenzo was alright for the most part, a concussion and his head was bleeding but not too much, but as for Mr Hong and Yoon-Su, their conditions were much more critical.

Yoon-Su was immediately rushed to surgery. He had a piece of glass lodged in the back of his shoulder blade, not too far from his spine and another just mere inches away from his Jugular vein. He also had a concussion that would put him in a coma for a while. While in surgery his heart stopped twice before they could get him into a stable condition.

While Vincenzo and Yoon-Su were lucky enough to be in a coma but still alive, Mr Hong unfortunately didn't make it out of surgery. Cha-young was devastated she cried and begged for her father to come back until crying felt like it would drain her more if she cried any longer. She started to feel regret.

She regretted that she despised him so much because her mother's death. She regrets that she never got his side of the story why he wasn't there. She regrets that the last time they talked they were fighting. And lastly she regrets that she never told him she loved him.

While Chayoung was mourning for her dad, Miss Choi was rejoicing. One less pawn in her game of chess. The tenants of the plaza that were all good friends of Mr Hong were gazing solemnly at his office door while quietly mourning for their fallen friend. Mr Nam was the most crestfallen of them all. He worked with Mr Hong , Mr Hong was his best friend-even if they didn't want to admit it out loud-they were.

It's a sad time for the tenants and the friends and family of Mr Hong. Everyone was left in a state of grief they hoped they would never see. Everyone came to pay their respects for him by leaving his favorite flowers outside the door of the office and writing heartfelt goodbyes and thank yous in honor of Mr Hong.

Chayoung moved Vincenzo and Yoon-Su to a private room just for the two of them. Since they were still in comas she visited them but it wasn't much.

—————————————

Mr Nam and Chayoung took the initiative to clean out Mr Hong's desk and water the plants. While Mr Nam was watering the flowers he was listing out their names as he went along and talking to them as if they can hear him.

On the other side of the building the tenants were talking sadly to themselves. They planned to close down the law firm and that left the tenants in a state of hopelessness. There was no one there to defend them when they needed to be defended.

————————————

Chayoung payed a visit to Vincenzo and Yoon-Su the following day. She was tell him about how the media is giving her dad a bad name and how she had to close down the firm. She was cursing him left to right thinking that he's still unconscious, until the little shit decided to talk.

"So we'll go to the bank." He said not even opening his eyes.

"Just send me the transfer." Chayoung said barely realizing what just happened. His eyes suddenly snapped open and he sat up stretching his tense muscles. He was doing it so casually as if he didn't just scare Chayoung half to death.

"You were completely out just a second ago." She said in disbelief. "Are you okay?" She asked as he took out his IV drip and swung his legs over the side of the bed before standing up.

"Let's go." He said up and ready to go.

"Hey, wait, stop. Are you feeling fine?" She asked holding him back by his arm then touching his forehead checking his temperature. "We have to check for any numbness and memory loss." She said tapping him on the cheek.

"The numbness went away last night." He said removing her hands from his face.

"You woke up last night?" She asked.

"I remember everything." He said ignoring he question. "And I recognize you, so I'm fine right?" He said stepping around her while tapping her on the back. Then she gasped.

"Did you hear me crying before?" She said with her hands over her mouth.

"You didn't sound like an idiot at all.... So don't worry." He said stepping away from his side of the room to Yoon-Su's side. He gazed at him for a minute then made his way to the door with Chayoung behind him.

But before they could even touch the handle of the door they heard a loud gasp from behind them. They spun around and looked in the direction the gasp came from, and to there surprise, there he was, Park Yoon-Su looking around the room confused, breathing heavily.

They just stood and watched him until he suddenly turned his head to look at them making them startling them a little.

He was staring at them-well more like Vincenzo- with his head tilted to the side for a long minute. Vincenzo then started to approach him cautiously. When he reached the end of the bed, he leaned in a little and whispered.

"Do you know who I am?" Yoon-Su was still looking at him with his head tilted. Then he pulled a confused face making Vincenzo deflate a little turning his gaze to the ground disappointingly. He hooked two fingers under Vincenzo's chin to make him look up at him. Then suddenly he heard him speak in a deep husky voice.

"Certo che faccio petalo." (Of course I do petal.) Smirking when he saw Vincenzo's face light up like a Christmas tree. "Come potrei dimenticare il tuo viso adorabile?" (How could I forget your adorable face?). He said still smirking. Then he leaned forward and kissed both of Vincenzo's cheeks. He pulled back and smiled at him. He then turned his gaze to Chayoung who was gazing at a plant like it's the most interesting thing in the world.

"Chayoung." He called out to her making her snap her head up in his direction. He motioned for her to come closer. She did so but slowly and cautiously. When she reached his right side she was pulled into a hug. She was shocked for a minute not having expecting the hug then she heard him whisper. "I'm sorry I couldn't do more to save him." He said regretfully.

Yes, he was in a coma but since Chayoung kept them updated when she could, he remembered her saying that Mr Hong unfortunately didn't make it.

She was trying to hold back the tears then she tapped his back reassuring him that it's okay. He then pulled back from the hug and practically did the same thing as he did with Vincenzo but a little more carefully since his neck was in slight pain.

He hopped out of the bed and asked.

"So, where were we going?" He asked grinning cheekily while looking down at them.

///////////////////////////////

Vote and comment :)