Chapter 25

(A/N: I'm switching up the story a little bit away from the series. I will still put parts of the series in the book but I'm just trying to spruce it up a little bit.)

I was walking out of the center when I saw a familiar silhouette.

"Vincenzo?" I called out. He turned around and looked up at me. "What are you doing here?" I asked looking around confused ass to why he would be here.

"Oh, I came to visit the person Mr Hong was defending before he died." He responded.

"Oh that makes sense." I said nodding. "You wanna head back together?" I offered. He nodded and we fell into step walking away from the detention center.

"Why were you there?" He asked glancing up at me.

"Turns out my mother was 'feeling better' so they returned her to the detention center." I said shrugging. We walked in silence for a bit, and as I was gonna break it my phone started ringing. I reached down to pull out the device from my pocket.

When I did I glanced at the caller ID and it read 'Don Ivan'. I stopped walking causing Vincenzo to stop with me. I hesitated to answer. Vincenzo looked up at me in confusion probably wondering why I'm not answering the phone. I glanced at him and cleared my throat while accepting the call.

"Ах, Красный Дракон. Как дела у моего любимого бойца? (Ah, Red Dragon. How's my favorite fighter doing?)." His loud voice boomed through the phone.

"Чего ты хочешь, Иван? (What do you want Ivan?)." I asked emotionlessly cutting to the chase.

"Я хочу, чтобы ты пришел бороться за меня. (I want you to come fight for me). He said.

"Я больше не дерусь. Спросите кого-нибудь другого. (I don't fight anymore. Ask someone else). I said taking the phone from my ear, wanting to hang up, but he said something that made me stop.

"Это Владимир. (It's Vladimir)." He said. I slowly placed the phone back at my ear.

"What?" I asked.

"Это Владимир, он не хочет драться ни с кем другим, кроме вас, и если вы не согласны, вы знаете, как долго он пойдет, пока вы не согласитесь." (It's Vladimir he doesn't want to fight anyone else but you, and if you disagree you know the lengths he will go to until you agree)." He said darkly. I clutched the phone tight, clenching my jaw in annoyance.

"Прекрасно. (Fine)." I responded through gritted teeth. "Когда и где? (When and where?)

"То же место, что и раньше. Субботний вечер (Same place as before. Saturday night)." He responded. I hung up the phone when he finished talking. I ran my hand across my face and sighed out in frustration, pinching the bridge of my nose. I felt someone place their hand on my hand that was clutching the phone. I looked down and saw Vincenzo looking up at me with worried eyes.

"What was that about?" Vincenzo asked. I stared at him contemplating whether I should tell him or not. I sighed and intertwined our fingers together.

"When I was younger I used to be in an underground fight ring." I said looking him dead in the eyes. His eyes widened as looked up at me in shock. "That was my boss from when I used to fight, said I have to fight Vladimir. Vladimir is crazy. I never liked him because he took advantage of women and does human trafficking, but what can I do? I can't say anything. He's too powerful, and now he requested to fight me again for something, or rather someone." I said as we walked hand in hand.