Chapter 9

I was back at the office sitting at my desk doing nothing but staring into space when I heard Mr Hong on the phone.

"I have a knack for turning the tables." He said to whom ever he's talking to on the phone. "Gosh, please trust me. I can win this." Then he hung up the phone frustrated.

"Are you okay Mr. Hong?" I asked looking at him with slight concern. He nodded and waved me off saying he's fine.

I analyzed  him for a minute before returning to staring into nothingness.

————————————————

I was rushing to the hospital cause I got a call that my mother got sick. I was running pass two familiar looking people but I was too caught up in reaching to my mother, I didn't even stop to go say sorry for bumping into them.

I rushed to the corrections section and asked for my mother. When I got her information I rushed towards her bed and shouted.

"Eomma!"

I was looking over her worriedly when a doctor came over.

"What happened to her doc? Why is she here?" I asked rapidly trying to get answers like right now.

"Your mother fainted from dehydration and she has a kidney failure" the doctor informed. After he said that I was confused.

"What do you mean kidney failure? How could that happen?" I asked in both concern and confusion.

"Your mother has high blood pressure. She had it for a while but it looks like she wasn't really taking care of herself that much." He said. "She also has Gastrointestinal bleeding."

My heart stopped after hearing him say that.

"What? Repeat." I asked because I couldn't believe it.

"Your mother has Gastrointestinal bleeding." He repeated.

"So what does that mean? Will she live or?" I asked over the lump in my throat.

"Since we realized her illness late, she will most likely die, but we are trying everything in our power to make sure she doesn't die." He said. I nodded in understanding as he bowed and excused him self.

I gazed back at my mom seeing her unconscious with the machine beeping in the background.

"How could you do this to me? How could you not tell me you were in pain?" I thought helplessly.

I was sitting there holding her hand for god knows how long when a nurse came in and informed me that visiting hours are over. I nodded and stood up and placed a kiss on her forehead whispering a soft 'I love you' then walking out.

I was walking out with my head down when I bumped into someone. I bowed in apology not looking up when I heard.

"Yoon Su-ah?" I snapped my head up to see Vincenzo looking back at me. "What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I'm visiting my mother." I said trying to smile even a little bit.

"Is she alright? What happened? Are you okay?" He asked actually looking worried.

"I'm fine she's fine don't worry about it" I said offering a little smile then turning on my heel and walking away.

—————————–———————