Chapter 14

I entered the office after Vincenzo, closing the door behind me. He sat down on a chair and shifted tilting his head back and sighing in exhaustion, with his eyes closed. I studied him for a moment—still standing by the door—. I decided to do something nice for him since he's so tired. I walked up behind him, and gently laid my hands on his shoulders.

"Are you tired?" I asked looking down at him. He nodded with his eyes closed and a small but noticeable pout on his lips. "Do you want a massage?" I asked smiling at his adorableness. I started lightly massaging his shoulders. He let out a sigh of content rolling his neck. I stared at him while continuing to massage his shoulders.

"How is he so effortlessly beautiful?" I thought.

He tilted his head to look up at me again looking a bit dazed. I looked him in the eyes and asked.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" Smiling a little down at him. He didn't answer just continued to look up at me with dazed eyes, as I continued to massage his shoulders.

——————————————————

I stopped massaging his shoulders two hours ago and now we are drinking wine while listening to the radio.

"Babel Pharmaceuticals new painkiller has been very positive. Thanks to its potency and lack of side effects, it has exceeded its already high expectations since undergoing clinical rituals." The reporter on the radio blabbered on. I stopped listening as I saw Vincenzo sigh and walked over to the wine on the table. He then poured some into his cup and started to chug it. He took his glass and smashed it into the wall behind the radio breathing heavily.

I just watched him because I didn't want to be on the receiving end of his anger.

He then stormed out the door and down the hall, I made quick work of following him. I hastily walked behind him while he walked towards the restaurant where the accident happened. He entered the crime scene under the police tape. He started to look around as I'm standing behind him. His gaze then landed on the pool of Mr Hong's dried blood. He started to inspect the scene then he scoffed.

"How dare you? How...." He trailed off in Italian. Then he stopped beside the blood. He took out his phone to call someone.

"I hate to ask but, I need a favor." He said into the phone. He talked on the phone for a while as I stopped listening because it's rude to listen in on other people's phone calls.

——————————————————

I was walking out of my room when I saw Mr Nam standing outside Vincenzo's door.

"They walked in and just took her away." He said. I was confused.

"Took who away? What happened?" I stated my concerns.

"Chayoung she was arrested." Mr Nam informed. My eyes widened as I looked in between them.

"What?!?" I shouted making Mr Nam flinch. I sighed rolling my eyes. "What did she get herself into this time?" I asked rubbing my forehead frustratedly.

"Did she break into someone's house and threaten them?" Vincenzo asked.

"She did." Mr Nam confirmed. "How did you know that?" Mr Nam asked. I looked up wondering the same thing.

"Just a guess. I can't get her out though." Vincenzo responded.

"Mr. Cassano, if there's anything you could do to help us out-" Mr Nam started.