Chapter 30

"If Babel is smart, they'll want to settle sooner than later." Vincenzo inquired as Chayoung and I walked beside him.

"I agree. They'll try to settle this, so it doesn't turn into a criminal case." Chayoung spoke up, walking with a skip in her step.

"So what's your next move?"

"Making sure the victims get their due. I'll go to criminal court if I have to." Chayoung says.

"This could have dragged on for years, we took a couple of weeks, good work." Vincenzo congratulated the woman.

"Oh! You don't have to be so formal, you know." She scoffed, pushing him forward but it was obvious she was flustered. I chuckled softly, shaking my head at her weird actions. "Now, tell me what you need."

"What do I need?" Vincenzo asked.

"Yes. You had a huge role in the win, and I'm big on giving thank you gifts to my associates." She explains. I know that's true since she was a bit persistent when I denied her thank you gift for helping her study. That's something I never want to die again.

"I pick whatever I want?" Vincenzo asks. Chayoung confirmed the statement with a nod, both of us following him as he took off down the street.

'This is either gonna be super fun, or a fucking nightmare. Eh, not my money, not my problem."

——————————————————————-

Somehow, I'm not surprised we ended up in a tailor shop, since it's Vincenzo and nothing he does surprises me anymore.

"Whether it's a Booralro or some other brand, you should wear something besides suits. It's sort of fun to mix it up and you'd be more in style." Chayoung said as I took a seat behind the tailor, watching as he measured Vincenzo for the suit.

"I prefer classic. It goes with classic good looks." Vincenzo boasted. Both me and Chayoung rolled our eyes softly before I decided to intervene.

"Hm, I agree with both of you. Now don't get me wrong, I love seeing you in suits, I think you look absolutely dashing in them but I think you should switch it up a little no?." I said, crossing one leg over the other, leaning back more into the cushioned chair as I saw Vincenzo glance at me from the mirror.

"How many are we buying?" Chayoung asks.

"You're buying. And ten sounds good." Vincenzo shot back. Chayoung face morphed into one of fear. Hurriedly waddling closer to Vincenzo she asked the number one question at the tip of my tongue.

"Why so many?"

"If you're not up for it, we can go." Vincenzo said.

"No. Ten is good."

"You sure?"

"Of course." Chayoung finished, sitting beside me in the other chair. As the tailor complimented Vincenzo and took his measurements, Chayoung took up a massive scissors, scaring me as she snapped it.

"Chayoung-ah, can you stop caressing the fucking scissors and smiling like a psycho please? You're scaring the living motherfucker out of me." I whispered harshly, trying to get her to calm down and not do anything stupid.

Just then Vincenzo walked out of the changing room, very dramatically, whipping the curtain to the side strutting out in a grey suit, but I mean would even be Vincenzo if he didn't have a dramatic entrance?

"Hot fucking damn." I marveled as I watched him walk out, totally in a trance. I was knocked out of such trance when the tailor started clapping loudly, making me want to smack him silly for interrupting my daydream.

We looked at suit, after suit, each one looking just as exceptional as the last but they were still just very.......boring. All the suits look great but they were pretty simple and basic plain colors that just made us real bored real quick.

"Stop! Just stop! No more! I can't take this anymore! Vincenzo have you no taste? Where's the color? Where's the style? The finesse?" I exclaimed making Chayoung jolt awake and Vincenzo look extremely offended by my statement.

"Vincenzo you look breathtaking in each one of these suits, but oh my fuck, can you stop wearing the same shit over and over again? It makes you look like a sad old man." I finished my rant looking at the stunned Vincenzo, trying to catch my breath. Not gonna lie, he looked extremely hurt, making me groan internally in frustration. Standing up, I walked closer to him, placing both palms on his cheeks to lift his downcast gaze to meet mine.

"Look babe, don't take this wrong way okay? Im just trying to help. You look absolutely breathtaking in all of these suits but you can't wear suits all the time, I'm just trying to get you to loosen up okay? So don't be mad at me hm?" I said smiling softly as I saw the little pout on his lips before he nodded.

"Great! Now I'm gonna need you to sit your beautiful ass down while I pick out some stuff for you hm?" I asked pushing him to sit on the couch before turning to the tailor. At this time Chayoung thought it was best to go back to sleep.

"You, take me to the stuff." I said grinning crazily at the tailor.

——————————————————————

"Why on earth did you buy so much stuff? I don't even know if I'm gonna be able to wear all of these." Vincenzo complained, as we walked away from the tailor shop.

"Stop complaining and it's not about whether you'll wear all of them or not, it just gives your closet a little bit of color. And it's just a couple of coats other than the other stuff what's the big deal?" I questioned shrugging loosely. I saw he was about to come up with another excuse before I cut in.

"Just let me spoil you this once hm? Let me do this for you please?" I pleaded looking deep into his eyes. He hesitated before letting out a long sigh and nodding. Smiling widely I pecked his lips quickly and walked forward with an accomplished smile as I saw him blush.

"YAH!!" I hear him scream making me chuckle in amusement.

———————————————————————

Later that night, both of us were in the office looking through research we found in Babel but something kept bugging me.

"Hey Vincenzo. Do you feel like we forgot something?" I asked, eyebrows furrowed as I tried to remember if I forgot anything. It took me a while before the realization struck me like a lightning bolt. Snapping my head up at Vincenzo and I looked at each other with widened eyes filled with surprise. It seemed he's figured it out too.

"WE FORGOT ABOUT CHAYOUNG!" We shrieked in unison, bolting up out of our seats, and grabbing our coats as we dashed out the door. We completely forgot about Chayoung who we left sleeping at the tailor shop.

'Dear god, please save me from the rath of Hong Chayoung. If I do t make it out of this one, please make sure my mother knows that I love her. Mr. Hong, please forgive me."  I prayed sorrowfully, continuing me hunt for the firecracker woman.

///////////////////////////////////////////

shoutout to @OceanKal , thank you for voting on most of my book I appreciate you!!

Anyways hoped you enjoyed this one, stay tuned for my other books that are coming up shortly and don't forget to vote and comment babies:)