Chapter 13

Third person's POV

Both Vincenzo and Yoon-Su were getting changed in there respective clothes in the same room but with their backs turned to each other. Vincenzo was the first one to finish changing since he has recovered nicely. He was fixing his collar in the mirror when his eye caught something in the side of the mirror.

It was Yoon-Su's back. It was covered in a majestic tattoo of  an angel covering himself with his wings. (Photo up top).

Vincenzo was fascinated with said tattoo. He slowly walked towards him and reached out to trace the tattoo absentmindedly. Yoon-Su felt something cold touch his back and flinched slightly, but not enough for it to be noticed. He watched Vincenzo through the mirror as he continued to trace to tattoo in a daze.

"Do you like it?" Yoon-Su asked in a soft voice looking at him through the mirror.

"It's beautiful." Vincenzo answered distractedly. Yoon-Su suddenly spun around to face Vincenzo, putting all of his tattoos on display. Vincenzo took a step back to look him up and down a couple times before reaching forward to trace the dragon tattoo on his left arm.

He traced the tattoo for a minute before looking up at Yoon-Su. They stared at each other while slowly leaning in. Their lips were about to connect before they heard a loud knocking on the door making them pull apart rapidly.

"Yah! Hurry up we don't have all day!" Screamed Chayoung from the other side of the door. Vincenzo looked up at Yoon-Su again before clearing his throat and stepping back.

"I'll- I'll see you o-out there." He said stuttering a little while stuffing a hand in his pocket, then turning around and walking swiftly to the door trying to hide his burning face, while Yoon-Su just looked at him hurriedly walking out the door amusedly.

When he stepped out of the bathroom and shut the door and stared down at the ground thinking about what happened not even noticing Chayoung looking at him weirdly.

"Are you okay? Why do you look so flustered?" She asked confused. Vincenzo cleared his throat and looked everywhere else but at Chayoung.

—————————————————

Yoon-Su's POV

We-Vincenzo and I- went to the cemetery to pay our respects to Mr Hong. We both took our own sets of flowers. I allowed Vincenzo to go first then I went. I laid down my flowers and looked at the grave stone.

"I'm sorry Mr Hong." I thought solemnly. "I'll take care of Chayoung in your place. Please forgive me for being an insolent child, and please forgive me for not doing more to save your life."

Then I stood up from my crouched position and turned to Vincenzo and said.

"You go on without me, I have someone else to visit." Smiling down at him as I took the other set of flowers that I brought from him.

"Who?." He asked looking up at me curiously.

"My dad."I responded. I turned on my heel and walked towards the direction of his grave.

I walked around for a little bit before we came upon my dads grave. I sat crouched in front of the grave and laid the flowers down

"Hey dad." I started. "I've been good, I got into an accident the other day but I'm good don't worry. Mom is not good, she has internal bleeding and she's in a coma right now. She might join you soon. Is it bad that I want her to so she can be in a better place rather than this shit hole?" I asked sadly chuckling trying to keep the tears at bay.

"I'm worried about her. She told me not to but it's hard not to worry about her when she's not at arms length and where I can reach her. I hope you have been good. I hope your well and not stressing about me. I have some business to take care of so I'm gonna take my leave now. I'll visit soon." I finished as I stood up and looked down at the grave stone once more before walking away.

——————————————————

I made my way back to the plaza where I found the tenants crowding around Vincenzo, asking him about the new building that he promised them.

"So then you changed your mind?" The laundromat tenant asked. They started arguing and I looked towards Vincenzo and saw him looking like he was in pain.

"Listen!" He shouted over them startling them to silence. "Why are you all so ungrateful? I agreed to help you for free, and what do I get? You complaining and calling me a liar?"

"Oh? So it's because we didn't pay you?" The laundromat tenant asked.

"I'm saying, you should at least try to have a little faith in me!" Vincenzo shouted trying to get his point across.

"We've been let down so many times, faith doesn't come easy." The crazy lady tenant said.

"A guy like you has no idea what we're going through." Another tenant said.

"Keep this up, and I just might walk away." Vincenzo said.

"So you're going back on your word now." Another tenant asked. Vincenzo looked like he was about to lose his shit so I decided to intervene.

I walked through the crowd towards Vincenzo. When I was beside him I placed my hand around his shoulder.

"He said he will talk about it later. Have a wonderful day." I said as I lead him towards the office. But as we turned I say the pastel suit dude again.

"Aish, not this fucking prick again." I thought letting out a frustrated sigh, keeping my hand around Vincenzo's shoulder.

"And here I was thinking you'd all be making Molotov cocktails together, but you've fallen apart." He laughs mockingly. "I just love it."

"Let's see, that pathetic lawyer is dead now, and the Italian one has been fired. Yeah. How about we talk compensation? I'll be generous." The shit head said.

"Generous my ass. He thinks that he can just buy us out like that?" Mr Lee said.

"I can hear you. You must be hot in that beanie, no wonder you're so red, you look like a lobster." The ugly dude said.

"At least my face doesn't make you want to throw up." Mr Lee fired back. I snorted loudly, not even trying to cover it.

"What? What did you say to me? You shit-" He was approaching Mr Lee when Vincenzo help up his hand and stopped him.

"Cut the crap and go." Vincenzo said keeping his eyes on the pastel suit dude.

"Hey back off this doesn't involve you." Pastel suit said. "You really need to learn your place." He continued. I raised a brow at that.

"Hold on a second, weren't you the one that was hanging from that same window over there from a measuring tape, begging for their life." I asked him, staring him down. "And I seem to remember that it was Vincenzo that was the one that decided if you got to live or not." I said tapping my chin trying to recall what happened turning my head to the window . "Am I right?" I asked looking back at him. He glared at me, trying to look intimidating but he just looked like a sad gremlin.

Then one of the tenants asked how to negotiate with the dude.

"Come down to my office and we'll figure this whole thing out." He responded while Vincenzo was looking at the tenant betrayed.

He stepped out of my arm and tried to pass the thugs, but they stopped him.

"Hey, Mr Bigshot." Pastel dude said when he stopped. "So, what did you do to Mr Na to make him so scared?" He asked.

"Wanna find out?" Vincenzo asked.

"You son of a-. You think you can scare us with that shit?" Ugly dude asked being right up in Vincenzo's face.

"Shut up the adults are trying to talk." Pastel suit dude said shutting up the ugly dude. "Listen here, the day we successfully take this place down and start pouring the cement, you're going to be under it." He threatened.

"I guess you'll be there with me, cause I'll bury you first." Vincenzo threatened though it sounded more like a promise, tapping his cheek walking away, while I walked after him bumping my shoulder with the ugly dude.

///////////////////////////////////

Vote and comment ;)