Chapter 22

When I arrived back at the plaza I was passing the Italian restaurant when I saw the ugly dude sitting there with he nail in his hand. I walked in as he flipped the table and shattered the glass.

"You're just begging for a beating, you know." He said to the little guy behind the chef. I had enough of his bullshit and quickly took action. I grabbed him by the collar to make him face me. I was so caught up in my anger I didn't hear someone enter behind me.

"Do you want a beating? Cause I sure as hell would love to hand your ass to you." I said lowly glaring at him dead in the eyes. "Now I've had a very long day and I'm pissed as fuck right now so do yourself a favor and walk away." I said stepping back to give him his chance to walk away, which he didn't do of course.

"Who do you think you are huh?" He said then ran up reaching to punch me, but before he could I caught his hand and twisted it then holding him in a chokehold with my other hand.

"You really should've listened to me man." I said tightening my hold on his neck. I watched in satisfaction as he started lookin a bit red. I felt someone lay their hand on my hand them at was holding his neck. I glance over to se Vincenzo looking at me.

"Let him go Yoon Su." He spoke softly, squeezing my arm. I narrowed my eyes at the dude then let him go, making him fall on the floor panting for air.

"Just pay and leave." Vincenzo spoke to the rest of the thugs. I looked Vincenzo in the eyes for a second before tearing my eyes away to glare at the other gangsters, then I sighed.

"I need a smoke." I muttered as heard them starting to argue. I turned on my heel and made my way to the roof top.
——————————————————

I was smoking another cancer stick when I heard footsteps stop beside me. I looked over and saw Vincenzo standing there looking at the buildings below us. He didn't say anything which I'm thankful for. I finished my cigarette off and looked at him.

"What are you doing up here?" I asked. "We're you worried about me?" I asked putting my hand on my chest jokingly. He looked up at me silently giving me that look.

"I'm fine don't worry about me, I'll get better eventually." I said waving him off. He nodded and looked back out at the city while I followed suit.

"How was your visit with your mother?" He asked softly. I shrugged.

"She's dying so, Not all that great." I said solemnly. We stayed silent for a moment before he broke it.

"Do you......uh.......do you..want a hug?" He asked timidly. I turned him making sure he was serious before nodding. He stepped closer  and wrapped his arms around my waist slowly then he rested his head on my chest. I reciprocated the embrace shortly after. We stood the for a long 2 minutes, rocking from foot to foot. I slowly and reluctantly pulled out from the hug to look down at him. I leaned down and kissed both his puffy cheeks.

"Thank you." I said barely over a whisper. He nodded with a small smile gazing up at me. I stepped back and took his hand in mine. "Now let's go you have a shit ton of work to do." I said smiling while leading off of the roof.
———————————————

We walked back to the office where we saw Mr Nam and Chayoung talking. Apparently he needed to leave early.

"I have this little thing called a blind date." He stated proudly.

"Amazing, Ju-sung. Go!" Chayoung said happily. He smiled and hurried out.

"Go get your girl Mr Nam!" I shouted after him. He turned around and shot me a thumbs up, then rushing away.