Chapter 7

After leaving the snack bar Vincenzo and I were walking to the apartments when I realized we lived on the same floor right beside my room.

"Good night Vincenzo" I said opening the door looking back at him smiling a bit.

"Night Yoon-Su" he said

"And I hope you get that Tteokbokki stain off of your suit cause you look rather good in it" I said winking then entering my apartment.

When I entered I went to the bathroom took a shower did my night routine and went straight to bed.

——————–—————————-–——

I was walking into the office and settling in my chair when I realized something.

"Mr Nam?, where's Mr Hong?" I asked.

"He went out with Mr.Cassano" he responded.

"Where?" I asked confused. He just shrugged

"Huh that's odd." I thought getting to work.
———————————————————

I was sitting at my desk-well on the floor near the desk- when Vincenzo and Mr Hong walked in. Don't ask why I was sitting there.

"From what I've seen of Babel E&C they forcibly evict the residents one week after the notice." Vincenzo said.

"Yes, they've always done that. They demolish the non-residential areas and instill fear in the remaining residents. It's downright illegal, but Law Firm Wusang has their back" Mr Hong said.

"Isn't there a law that protects the tenants? I heard they need to pay premium compensation to the tenants and negotiate the demolition date with an office. That's what I read" Vincenzo said

"You've studied alot" Mr Hong said

"They were being too ridiculous that I had to read up on it" He responded.

"I see" Mr Hong said. "Those rules exist, but they force the tenants out with a small sum. People get hurt or die too. They'll probably carry out the eviction suit first. We should get ready."

"We totally should" I said making my presence known making them jump in their spots and snap their head in my direction.

"Hi" I said smiling and waving a little.

"How long were you sitting there?" Mr Hong asked.

"Since Mr Nam left" I responded. "Continue" I gestured.

"Isn't that the biggest issue here?" Vincenzo asked returning to their conversation while flipping his lighter that suddenly pop up out of nowhere. "The forced illegal demolition?"

"Yes" Mr Hong responded. "They'll make a move in a day or two. But there's nothing we can do. Gosh" he turned and took out his cigarettes. "Here. Do you want one?" He offered to Vincenzo.

"Can I have one?" I asked raising my hand a little. But he just turned to me and raised his eye brow. "Okay I guess not." putting my hand down.

"Do you drink?" He asked Vincenzo.

Then they got up and left me there. I sat there for a few minutes pondering over whether I should go out to eat or go home.