Prom ^.^

<writing this during enrichment an eating an otter pop lmao>

You sighed and pulled up your dress. Your best friend (Y/B/F/N) was talking you to prom, due to the fact that you both didn't have dates.

"Hey, (Y/B/F/N) I bet Pete will be there." You teased, poking her side.

"Oh, shut it, (Y/N). If he is, he's probably with some cute girl." She sighed.

The two of you drove to the school. Outside of the gym hanged lights and streamers. The theme was... Nighttime? You couldn't quite tells the theme, but the walls had paper decorated with a night sky. Parts of the walls had prop closet doors with hangers hanging inside of them. They were painted to look like they would lead to a forest.

There were props around the gym as well. A sheep with wings was in the corner, placed awkwardly next to a group of kids.

(If you didn't guess, the theme of this prom inspired Infinity on High lmao)

The kids were all part of different stereotypes. One, being (Y/B/F/N)'s crush, Pete, was slightly tan with choppy black hair. The other one looked nice but tough, like he could beat you up but he would never want to. There was one who looked closer to Patrick's (your crush's) age. He had brown curly hair that he had obviously attempted to straighten. You had never met any of them before, besides Patrick. Pete was in your Honor's English 10 class and Patrick was in your Language History 10, but the other two you had never seen before.

You decided to walk to the punch table, unintentionally overhearing their conversation.

"Dude, you're never going to talk to her. You're just a slump in 10th grade." The curly-haired boy commented.
Pete responded, "Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year?", and casually strolled over to (Y/B/F/N).
You shook your head and smiled, placing your hands on your hips. She blushed at something he whispered in her ear and took his hand, walking off to God knows where.

Out of nowhere, you felt a tap on your shoulder.

You turned around to be greeted with an awkward, uncomfortable looking Patrick.

"He-hey, um... So, uh... I-It's a dance, you know, and, uh, I wanted to know if you wanted to... Dance..." He was all sweaty and nervous, but you thought it was cute.

You couldn't help but to laugh at his attempt.

You placed your hands on his chest and whispered in his ear, "I think you're pretty cute, Patrick."

He swallowed and looked away, blushing.

You took him over to a small table so the two of you could talk. Neither of you were really up for dancing.

"Hey, you're friends with (Y/B/F/N), right?" He asked.

You nodded.

"My friend's got the hots for her, real bad. Like, all he ever does is talk about her. It's kind of cute."

You smiled and nodded. "She liked him a lot too. She talks about his all the time. That's the only reason she brought me here."

"You didn't want to come on your own?" He asked.

You shook your head. "I'm not really for the 'drunk grinding' scene." You looked away.

He placed his hand gently on your's and leaned over to you, whispering, "I'm glad you came."

~~~

The two of you continued to talk for what seemed like forever. You checked the gym clock. 1:14am, and the party was just getting started it seemed. The crowd was definitely not thinning out anytime soon and the kids were all wasted.

You smiled to Patrick and nodded to the door, spotting Pete and (Y/B/F/N) walking in. They were all cuddly and gross. You laughed, knowing what they had been up to (*wink wink*).

Patrick talked about his other friends. The nice-but-though one was Andy. He was apparently a health fanatic and an aspiring drummer. The curly-haired one was Joe, described as "You're average Joe". You liked Patrick's sense of humor.

You talked about your friends. (Y/B/F/N) had been your friend since (when you met). You had other friends, guys. Tyler Joseph. Piano playing, floral loving TyJo. He was more likely your best friend (you had known him since you were little), but (Y/B/F/N) was your go-to gal-pal. Your other friend was in a band with TyJo. Joshua Dun. Patrick said he had known him, recognizing his infamous greeting of, "I'm Joshua Dun and I play the drums," which he, in fact, did. Very well.

"Are you glad you came?" Patrick asked after (Y/B/F/N) and Pete had taken seats next to us.

I nodded. "Yeah, it's not too bad."

Pete spoke up for the first time, and his voice was raspy.

"Why don't we get out of here? High school parties are only fun if you're drinking and dancing too."

We all agreed to leave, taking Pete's car.

You all decided to have pizza at a cute little parlor by the school.

~~~

Bzzz bzzz.

Pete's phone went off.

"It's a text... From Joe..." Pete said questioningly.

"Well, what's it say?"

"It says... He wanted to invite us to an after party at his place. Apparently he met some new people."

Pete and (Y/B/F/N) were both 100% up for it, and they had their minds set on convincing you and Patrick to go as well.

"Well, I guess we've got nothing better to do anyways." Patrick commented, intertwining your fingers. You blushed as he pulled towards Pete's car.

~~~

(Morning )

You woke up in a bed you'd never seen before, in a room you'd never seen before.

Someone's arm was around you.

You sat up, rubbing your eyes.

Patrick was out cold next to you. You smiled to yourself, remembering some of last night.

You assumed you were in Joe's house. After all, you did attend his little after-party.

Patrick stirred, opening his eyes.
He was shocked and ecstatic to see you next to him.

He chuckled. "You were quite the life of the (after) party, weren't you?"

You smiled. "The (After) Life of the Party."

~~~

The two of you became great friends. Patrick asked you to be his girlfriend at next year's prom. Of course, you accepted. (Who wouldn't...)

~~~~~~

A/N: yoyoyo 1.48k reads yo
{requests are still (and always) open}