Prince and Princess

(A/N: I wrote this a lifetime ago lmao)

👸🏻👸🏻👸🏻👸🏻👸🏻👸🏻👸🏻👸🏻👸🏻👸🏻👸🏻👸🏻
Your POV

I sat on the couch sunk in next to the one and only Patrick Stump. Sure, I was a Fall Out Boy fan when we first met, but that seemed to all melt away after about a month. I was no longer a fangirl, but more importantly, I was a friend.

We were watching 'The Ring', since I had never seen it before.

"Are you scared?" Patrick asked comfortingly.

"A little." I blushed.

"Come here," he smiled, holding out his arms. I snuggled up against his chest, feeling each breath he'd take and each loving heartbeat thud repeatedly. I was extremely guilty of having feelings for my best friend. To him, I was just a friend. He had once told me I was like a sister to him. That pretty much tore every last bit of hope out of my chest, but I'd always been pretty good at hiding my feelings.

Patrick and I had bought a small apartment together about 4 months ago. (Tax benefits lmao)

"Are you ready to go to sleep?" he asked, flicking off the television set.

"I think so." I shortly replied.

"You alright?" he asked, concerned.

"Yeah," I smiled.

We parted at the hallway and each of us walked towards our rooms.

*

CRACK! A loud boom came from my window as I suddenly jolted awake. Thunder and lightning flashed outside and I felt like bursting into tears. I slowly swung my legs out from under the blankets and onto the chilled carpet. My hands and body shook as I made my way down the pitch black hall in the direction of Patrick's room.

I quietly pushed the door open. Patrick was editing audio clips on his computer. His red clock shone '3:45'.

"Patrick?" I whispered from the door frame.

"Y/N? What're you doing up? I thought you went to bed hours ago."

Before I could reply, another crack of thunder boomed outside. I squealed and fell back onto the floor.

"Y/N!" Patrick jumped forwards and kneeled down, resting his hand on my forearm. "Hey, hey, I'm right here," he cooed, pulling me into his lap. I buried my head in the crook of his neck and cried.

"What's the matter?" He had a sound of urgency and concern in his voice.

Tears fell from my eyes as I whimpered and scooched backwards into the corner of the room.

"Its okay," I mumbled, embarrassed.
He helped me to my feet.

"Here," he sat me down on the edge of his bed and said, "Its the storm, isn't it?"

I nodded and wiped my eyes with the back of my hand.

"Its okay," he smiled. "Should I tell you a story?" I nodded again and he began,

"A million years ago, there lived a princess named Y/N."

I blushed, and he continued.

"She lived upon the clouds. She ruled the kingdom of the sky and lived each day happily. Sometimes, if she was upset, it would rain. The rain was her tears. Other days, the rain was her tears. The shining, golden sun radiated toward Earth when she was cheerful. On the other side of the kingdom lived a prince, by the name of Prince Patrick."

I smiled and he continued.

"He was best friends with Princess Y/N and they would spend all day listening to old records and watching movies together. But the Prince had a secret. He loved the Princess, but was too afraid to tell her."

I looked up into his sea green eyes as he hopefully stared back into mine.

"Um, Prince Patrick walked down to Princess Y/N's castle to finally tell her how he felt." he paused.

"Did they both live happily ever after?" I questioned.

Leaning closer, he whispered, "I don't know, you tell me."

He gingerly pressed his lips against mine. I smiled against him, feeling safer.

He pulled away, and in the dim light, you could see his face was red.

"Can I sleep in here tonight, Patrick?" I asked.

"Of course." He smiled. He pushed me down onto his bed and wrapped his arms around me, pulling the covers up to out chests.

Before drifting off to sleep, I heard Patrick whisper, "I love you, Princess Y/N."

And with that, we both lived happily ever after.