Momma's Boy

(A/N: The Beyond Scared Straight episode was Season 4: Episode 8, FYI.

So, so sorry I haven't updated in like ages. I just have no ideas/inspiration lately.

Also, sorry this ones really cheesy and lame. I'll try to get back on my A-Game soon.)

Three knocks on your dorm room door signaled that Patrick was here. You had only met him a few days ago on the campus coffee shop and he insisted on getting to know you better.

"Patrick! Come in." You smiled and stepped aside so he could come inside from the cold.

You helped him brush the snow off of his peacoat and undo his scarf.

"Would you like something to drink?" You fiddled with your hands, nervous that he was here. You looked up into his baby blues and melted when he smiled and said, "Sure, thank you."

You scurried your way into your kitchen and you made the both of you some hot chocolate.

Turning around, you jumped at the sight of him. He had quietly made his way into the kitchen behind you.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." He said in a low tone.

"No, it's fine."
You smiled and clapped your hands together. "Do you like the show Beyond Scared Straight? I've been watching it on Netflix and it's really interesting."

He smiled down at you and his eyes sparkled. "I've never seen it, but I'd love to."

He helped you carry the hot chocolate into the tiny living room.

The two of you sipped and watched the show.

"I'm very dangerous when I'm angry.

'Bruh! Chill! Bruh! Chill! In a minute!'

I just start cussing at her and bustin' windows. Man, I'm just, man, I'm very dangerous when I'm angry."

You gasped at the small boy on the screen, covering your mouth at the horrors he was causing at only fourteen.

"Are you very dangerous when you're angry?" I turned to Patrick.

He took a sharp breath in. "No, no. My old man was an alcoholic. He was real angry and violent. He would always hit my momma when I was little." You noticed Patrick start to tear up. "Thankfully, I have her genes. I'm scared, like, all the time. She was a sweetheart though. I miss her, a-a lot."

You furrowed your eyebrows and frowned, leaning in to hug him.
"Let's go visit her, okay?"

He sniffled and wiped his eyes. "Yeah, okay."

the next day

Patrick, again, knocked three times on your dorm door. He was wearing the same coat and scarf as yesterday. There was snow in his hair and gloves.

"Hey, Y/N."

"Hi, Patrick." You handed him a styrofoam cup of hot chocolate and smoothed out your dress.

"You look so cute in that." He smiled.

You blushed. You were wearing a simple black dress that came to mid thigh with some nylons and knee-high socks; 'perfect for the winter', you thought.

"Thank you. That's very sweet of you to say. Are you ready to go?"

He held out his arm for you to take and lead you down to his car.

The drive was silent. You loved watching the white sky and the snow falling.

After about fifteen minutes, Patrick pulled up to a park. There were huge iron gates at the front and the ground was covered in snow.

He came around to open your door for you and held your hand as he led you through the snow.

He stopped in his tracks when he spotted it. A sad, leafless tree in the corner of the park.

You both walked over there when your stomach sank. You noticed a carved headstone sticking out of the ground.

Patrick was silent when you arrived to it.

He shook as he removed a single daisy from his pocket and placed it on the grave.

"They... They were her favorites...." He said, barely above a whisper.

As he stood up, you could see him trying to hold himself together.

He locked eyes with you and collapsed on the snow.

You knelt and held him, letting him cry into your shoulder.

You looked up from Patrick's coat and saw a beautiful, glowing woman with soft eyes and a white gown slowly make her way towards you.

She gave an approving smile and took your hand in hers, gently kissing it and mouthing, "thank you,".

You blinked and she was gone.

"Oh my god, I miss her so much. That fucker hit her with a bottle." Patrick continued to cry into your shoulder.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. She loves you so much, Patrick, I know it." You pulled away from him and wiped his cheek. "I love you so much."

He gently pressed his cold lips into yours.

You knew he needed you more then ever and you were absolutely ready to be there for him.