1. Ripped

"

"... You can stop swimming now, Lily. It ends with us."

I can't stop crying. It's such a good book.

"Willow! Dinner!" 

Mom yells from downstairs. I sob and stay in my room, crying over a fucking book with a happy ending. 

Jack, my twin brother, comes in and picks me up, dragging me downstairs. I slap his chest, but he just laughs it off. Stupid fitness. 

He sits me down at the dinner table and I glare at him. Mom smiles at me and Dad rolls his eyes. "Willow, why are you crying? What book did you finish now?" he asks and I shut down. I'm not ready to talk about it.

"Maybe... tomorrow?" I suggest, my voice hoarse. Dad chuckles and gives Mom a kiss before sitting down too. "What are we eating?" I ask to change the subject. Dad grimaces. "I tried lasagne..."

I roll my eyes. Dad's lasagne is the best, and he knows it. Jack chuckles. I look at him and see he's texting with someone. I swear to God, if that's Dane...

"Who are you texting?" I ask and he quickly slides his phone back in his pocket. "No one. Just an Insta notification," he lies, stumbling over his words. I narrow my eyes. "It was Dane, wasn't it?"

He sighs. "Willow, I can't help it that you don't like him. He's my best bro, just leave it. If I go t-over at his house, is he bothering you then? No, so leave it," he says, starting to eat.

I roll my eyes. "He's always bothering me. He's such an asshole, and he fucking hates me too. Just yesterday, at the training-" I'm cut short by Mom and Dad.

"Willow! Language!" they call at the same time, then start laughing. Jesus. "Why are you both still in your puberty? Laughing like some teenagers," I say.

"Willow, I do not like this attitude. Upstairs, now!" Dad says with a low voice. I slump in my seat. Dad cocks an eyebrow. "Willow..." he threatens. "Dad, I'm sorry, okay? Tell me about how you met Mom again," I smile.

Dad's mood brightens immediately. He's so easy. He smiles at Mom and wants to start his story, again, as Mom shuts him up with a look. He's silent and looks at his plate. Sometimes I feel bad for him. 

"Willow, this won't work this time. Why are you so... what's with your temper? You've been in a bad mood all week, what's up?" she asks. 

Dammit. Mom always get through me. I feel the tears behind my eyes and look down, at my fingers. "I'm sorry. I really am. It's just... It's Dane," I say, my breath shaky. Jack sighs deeply and so does Mom. Dad's just listening. 

"He... He ripped my book on Monday. It was Red, White And Royal Blue," I softly sob. Jack groans and pulls me on his lap, hugging me. It's a thing we do when I cry, and it always soothes me. 

I see Dad's getting tense. "That's... was your favorite. I'll buy you a new one," he promises and I nod. "This shit between you and Dane is really getting out of hand," Mom whispers under her breath, and I nod again. That's an understatement.

"It's okay. I threw his phone in the pool after I was done crying," I shrug. Mom gasps. "You threw his phone in the pool? Willow!" Her tone is strict, but I hear light amusement. "He deserved it," I reason.

Dad's still silent, but with a grin. He bends over to whisper something in Mom's ear," This remembers me of us in the first place." 

Mom giggles and I glare at him. He gulps when he sees I've heard him. "Dad, I'm not in love with Dane. Ew. He's a jerk," I shiver and Jack chuckles. 

"You better aren't. I would kill both of you. Never gonna happen," he says, pretty sure. I agree.

"But, Dad, if you buy it again, I have to do all my tabs again and that's hours of works," I pout. 

Yes, that's me. A girl who's crying in every book, tabbing almost every page. I'm glad I have three book shelves, all filled with books. I almost have a thousand books. 

My twin brother, Jack, is my best friend. It sounds pretty sad, but he really is. He understands everything of me, and I know him inside and outside.

Dad, his name is Stan Graey, is absolutely loving. He won a Nobel prize almost eighteen years ago, and he has an own hospital. Mom used to work there too as his assistent, but now she's a coach on my school. She teaches rugby, and I'm in the team!

Surprisingly, they didn't met in the hospital. It wasn't a boss-assistant relationship like in my books, but they met in high school. The high school Jack and I are going too.

But, they broke up at some point, I don't know exactly what or why, Dad's really pained when he tells about his years without Mom. He almost always cries when he talks about it, so I never push him further. 

He loves showing pictures though. Once a week, we all sit in the living room, and he shows pictures from the past. They really were a cute couple. He always has a smile when he tells a different story. 

(A/N, again I know, but the story of their parents is on my acc! Check it out if you want!)

I wish I could feel the love they have for each other. But I don't even have friends, how would I have a boyfriend?

I get a message.

Bestiee<3: Meetin tonight @ my house!

Sorry. I have one friend. Delilah. She's popular, but I'm not. I don't care about it either. 

"Mom? Can I go over to Delilah's tonight?" I ask and she nods, smiling. "Dad? Storynight tomorrow?" I plead and he smiles, nodding. I love him so much.

"Show your background of your phone again!" I enthusiastically shout and he chuckles. He hands me his phone. There's a pincode on it, but with characters. N.O.R.A.G.R.A.E.Y. is the combinations. When Mom found out, so he told me, she was crying because of his cuteness.

 When Mom found out, so he told me, she was crying because of his cuteness

I smile when I see the photo. It's on my nightstand, too. I give his phone back, give them both a kiss and leave for going over to Delilah.