20. Universe

Wow

Wow.

I can't even form words. Just, wow.

Wow.

I gasp, not able to move as he kisses me. Yeah, Dane's lips are on mine. What the fuck.

He pulls back, eyes wide. "Eh, hey," he mumbles, then closes his eyes in frustration. "Hey?" he whispers in himself, but I can hear it.

"Hey," I giggle and he looks up. "Eh, it wasn't-" He doesn't come any further than that, since I'm kissing him again. He sighs relieved and pushes me against the wall. His hands rest on my hips and his kisses are gentle.

I open my eyes a little, too see him. His eyes are closed, and his hair is a little messy from my fingers. But he looks fantastic. And he's kissing me.

All the books were wrong. Every book that said it felt like the universe explodes, was wrong. It doesn't explode. It just spins faster and faster around you, until everything is blurry and forgotten. Until all you can see and feel and hear is the person kissing you. Your universe.

His kisses become more rushed and he owns my lips. He cups my face in his hands and smiles against my lips. I open my eyes, not really happy he's not kissing me anymore.

He's already staring down at me, his eyes switching between mine. "So, how was my proof?" he asks nonchalant, not moving his hands or his body. I definitely don't mind.

I smile. "I don't know. I kinda missed it, some guy was kissing me," I giggle and he cocks an eyebrow. "Some guy? Excuse me? I'm your dream boy," he scoffs and laughs, resting his forehead against mine.

I cup his face in my hands, mirroring his movements and gently rubbing his cheeks. "What if I said you were?" I whisper, and his broad smile tells me it was worth it. "Then I would kiss you again and again until all you can think about is me."

"Well, I just said you were, so where's my kiss?" I pout and he chuckles. Then, he kisses me again and I smile against his lips before kissing back. I pull his hair and he grips my hips, but we both absolutely don't mind.

He starts panting and pulls back slightly. He looks in my eyes with his intense gaze and I blush. He smiles and takes my hand in mine, walking away from me to the door. 

I frown and shake my head, pulling his arm so he's turning and facing me. "Where are you going?" I ask, then realize how pathetic I sound. 

He smiles a reassuring smile and cups my face in his hands. He gives me a kiss on my forehead and I feel confident enough to cage him in my arms. "The bell rung," he whispers.

I realize I didn't hear it and thought he was done with me. "Oh," I whisper, feeling a little embarrassed. He kisses my hair. "Come on, let's go," he says and I nod.

He holds my hand, and we walk through the hallway together. I lean against him, and he wraps his arms around my waist. He cocks an eyebrow at me when we stop in front of the door of the classroom. "Did I convince you we're not friends?" he asks.

I giggle and shrug. "I'll give you this one. We're not friends," I say, and he looks pleased. We walk inside -hand in hand- and the whole class gasps. Even the teacher's jaw drops. I giggle and lean against Dane's arm as we walk to our place.

The two boys in front of us -Nick and Tyson- turn around and look at us, almost shocked. "You- You..." Nick stutters and Dane nods. He wraps his arm around my waist again. "Finally," Tyson rolls his eyes and smiles at me.

"You'll get the inside jokes now," he grins and I look at Dane, confused. He looks down at our desk. "Tyson, shut the fuck up," he grumbles. I frown confused and look at Tyson and Nick, but they quickly turn around again. I hear them grinning to each other.

I turn to Dane. "What the heck was that?" I ask and he sighs. "They're grinning because they put me for this," he groans and hides his face in his hands. For what?

"Dane, I don't understand," I frown. He groans again, not looking at me. "What don't you onderstand, Willow? That I've been liking you since, like, forever, or that they are making fun of me because I have to teel you this?"

My eyes widen and I freeze. I gasp and cover my mouth with my hand. Since forever? 

It hits me. He... He always tried to do things with me, for me... not just to me. I was so unthankful! And blind, for that matter.

He wanted to learn me how to drive. He stood up and defended me to my teacher. He gave me a rose...

I gasp again. He sighs and rests his head on the table. Tyson and Nick turn around again and are smirking. Nick points to Dane and punches him, causing him to squirm to my side. His eyes go wide and he quickly turns back to his place.

Nick and Tyson start laughing so hard they almost choke on it. I narrow my eyes at them and turn to Dane. He looks very vulnerable and he's looking at his hands on the table. 

I tap his nose and he looks up with big eyes. I realize I haven't said anything since his confession, but I really think I've lost my tongue. So I crawl into his side and trace his jawline. He lets out a big sigh, but I can tell he's waiting for me to say something.

"Well," I start and he inhales deeply. Tyson is still grinning and I smack the back of his head. He narrows his eyes at me, but doesn't say anything. I look up at Dane. "I think I've been liking you too. Not since forever, believe me, the hate was real. But since this last... two weeks?"

He sighs relieved and smiles at me. "Really?"  I nod and he smiles. He hugs me and I see Nick rolling his eyes. "Nick, you caused this, learn living with it," I say and he sighs. "I didn't expect you to like him too. I was kinda hoping for an awkward and rejected Dane."

I narrow my eyes at him and stick out my tongue. He does the same and Dane covers my mouth. "That's mine," he whispers in my ear and I giggle. Tyson rolls his eyes. "I swear, Willow, if you turn him into a pussy, I'll rip all of your books."

I yelp and look at Dane. He narrows his eyes at Tyson. "I thought you guys would be a little more supportive. You know I've been liking her forever," he snaps. I frown. "You knew and didn't tell me? Isn't that what friends do?"

Nick chuckles. "First, we're boys, Willow. We don't do that stuff. And second, if you're not his friend, are you ours?" He cocks an eyebrow. I nod. "Yes, I am."