42. Show me

He wakes me up softly

I feel his finger brush over my jaw, then a gentle kiss on my lips. "Baby, wake up," he whispers. I groan, opening my eyes just half. "No," I growl and close my eyes again.

I regret it immediately, but I really don't feel good. My muscles are rigid, my stomach hurts and I am exhausted. It's probably the lack of sleep that's beginning to dawn.

"I'm sorry," I sigh, sitting up. Woah. Dizzy. He frowns and picks me up in bridal style. I groan and hide my face in his neck. "Still sleepy?" he asks, his voice near my temple.

I shake my head, and feel him walk downstairs. "I think I'm a little sick. Because of the lack of sleep," I explain. He nods and sits down on the couch.

I snuggle sideways into his chest. He kisses my forehead, then backs away. "Whoa, you're warm. Let's get you a blanket and a hot water bottle. You're gonna get cold, I know how it feels," he says and sets me on the couch, then runs to the kitchen.

"Hi, sir," I hear him say to my Dad. "Hey, Dane. Where's Willow? I have an offer for her," I head Dad tell him. Oh?

"She's not feeling very well, sir," Dane sighs and he walks back to me. I reach for him and tuck to his chest again, sideways. 

Dad follows him and watches him wrap a blanket around me. I stop shivering and close my eyes, feeling okay. I'm still not feeling good, but it's a little more doable in Dane's arms. He places the hot water bottle under my feet.

The warmth wraps around me and I sigh, happily. Dad smiles at me. "Hey, Willow. I know you're a little sick, but I have good news. There's this department in my hospital, ah I love saying it's my hospital, but yeah. As I was saying, that department offers a staying for elder people, like a retirement home, but with more nurses. And they search students to go talk to the lonely ones. Shall I sign you up?"

I nod and smile. It's a nice job, and I've always liked elder people. Their stories about their grand children are great. Dad smiles. "Okay. There's already another student. She's as old as you, maybe a possibility as friend?"

He gives me a wink and walk out of the room. I look at Dane and he gives me a kiss. "You'll do great at that job. Those people will love you. But not as much as I do. You're mine," he grins and plants another kiss on my lips.

I giggle. Then, I frown. He frowns too. "What's wrong?" he asks, seeming a little panicked. "I want ice cream," I whine, and he chuckles. I slap his upper arm, causing him to cringe. "Girls really don't know how much that hurts," he mutters.

"I'm serious. Ice cream, boyfriend and a movie help to cure any sickness," I say. He rolls his eyes, but gets up. He keeps carrying me -with my blanket, ladies and gentlemen- as he walks tot he kitchen. "Which flavour?"

I shrug. "Chocolate."

He takes the box of chocolate out of the freezer and walks back. He tucks us back into our previous spot and I snuggle into his chest.