26. Tan

"Baby," he whispers

"Baby," he whispers.

I'm laying on my stomach, wanting to tan a bit. I open my eyes and smile at him. Hes miles back and traces my spine gently with his fingers. I shiver, but in a good way.

"You're gonna get sunburned," he whispers. I smile. He's cute. "Want to rub my back with sunscreen?" I ask and he nods, gazing at my back. "Yeah, sure."

I feel the cold of the sunscreen hit my back, followed by his warm, huge hands. I relax and close my eyes again.

When he's done, I turn around to lay on my back and he seems a little crestfallen. I giggle. "I... I made a drawing," he pouts and a bit of guilt fills me, but I laugh it away. "What did you paint, baby?" I ask.

"I tried a heart with our initials in," he shrugs and gives me a kiss. I giggle again and put on my sunglasses. 

A group of boys pass by, and they start whistle and point at me, shouting dirty things. I cringe and hide my stomach under my arms. Dane frowns and look at the boys, causing him to narrow his eyes.

"Hey dolts!" he yells and they stop. One takes a few steps towards us and I hide behind Dane. He takes of his sunglasses and glares at the guys. And now they're scared.

The one who took a few steps towards us, practically runs back and they look pale. "I know she's hot, but if you want to keep your body together, fuck off," he snaps and they run off.

He turns around and smiles a reassuring smile at me. "You good?"  I nod and curl up next to him. He starts tracing my side again and I smile.

Our intense eye contact is interrupted by, of course, Delilah. She looks at me with disgust. Man, I really can't come over like I mean something, do I?

Dane growls at her. She giggles. "You did that too while we fucked," she winks and he shivers. Then he cringes and looks at me. "Not true," he whispers and I nod.

"Delilah, go fuck some boys as the slut you are," I snap and she seems caught off guard. "What the fuck did you just say?"

I narrow my eyes at her. But when I want to stand up, Dane grabs my hips and holds me in place. "I said you're a slut who won't fuck my boyfriend."

Dane chuckles. "Ah, I love it when you call me your boyfriend," he sighs happily. I look at him. "Not the time." He gulps and nods. "Okay."

I look back at Delilah and stand up, so fast Dane couldn't stop me. I walk towards her, but as she backs away, I just walk past her and smirks inside. Loser.

Dane runs after me, taking all of our stuff with him. He looks at me with big eyes and it makes me giggle. "You have guts."

I roll my eyes. "You already knew that." He shrugs and that smile on his face doesn't disappear the whole day.

***************

After dinner, we walk back to our rooms.

Sadly, the teachers didn't want boys and girls in the same room, so Dane is sleeping with Tyson and I'm alone in a room. No one wanted to share with me, and I'm perfectly fine with that. Maybe Dane can sneak out...

He stops in front of my door and smiles at me. Then, he cups my neck with his hand and presses his lips on mine. I giggle and kiss back.

Then, he lets go of me. His soft smile makes me want to kiss him again and cuddle him and overload him with love. But I don't, because he looks sort of guilty.

"What wrong?" I frown, caressing his cheek with my thumb. He sighs. "I... I can't come over tonight. The teachers do double checks every two hours, so yeah."

I smile. He feels guilty because of that?

My hands wrap around his waist and he looks up at me with a disappointed face. My heart swells for him. "I'm sure Tyson is willing to cuddle you asleep," I giggle, but he doesn't laugh.

I frown. "Baby, it'll be okay. And tomorrow night, we can watch movies together. We have a free evening then, and you can sleep a bit then."

He nods relieved. "Are you gonna be okay, though? With the nightmares and stuff," he adds and I nod. I've been living with it for seventeen years now, I'll live.

"Kay. Goodnight," he kisses me. "Goodnight baby," I smile and walk inside my room.

*************

I wake up, gasping for air.

Shit.

I'm lucky I didn't scream, or no one heard it. Taking some deep breaths, I'm trying hard to not start sobbing. But I fail and my vision becomes blurry.

A message tone gets my attention and I take my phone.

Dane<3: Slow down those breaths, baby.

He hears me crying? Oh god.

But it helps, my sobs slow down and my breath starts to go normal again.

Dane<3: Want to ft to fall asleep?

I nod, even though he can't see me. 

Me: Yes please.

Seconds later, his name pops on my screen. I choose the green button and his face fills my screen. It's dark in his room, but I can clearly see his face and hair. It calms me down immediately and he smiles at me.

"You okay, baby?" he asks with a soft voice, full of concern. I nod. "I didn't wake you up, did I?" I ask, but he shakes his head. Relief fills me. But then, I frown. "You were still up at 3 am?"

He shrugs. "Not still. Again." A pang of pity hits me. "Oh Dane, I wish you could just come here," I sigh. He nods. "I'd love that. But it's not possible. I don't even know what happens if we get caught calling in the middle of the night."

Then, something seems to hit him and he closes his eyes in frustration. "Ugh. Whatever. Do I look like I care? I'm coming over, right now."

He stands up and I hear a door open in the hallway before he hangs up the phone. A knock on the door follows, and when I open the door, he immediately wraps his arms around me.

I feel safe, protected and cared for with one movement of him. And I love it. But even though I love this, he can't stay. He'll be in too much trouble.

"Dane, you can't stay. I know you don't care, but I do care about you. What if they send you home? That's a week without you."

He seems to realize that. "Shit. you're right. Like always." He smiles by those words. "Okay. But just so you know, I'm clinging on you tomorrow and holding you on that movie night, yes?"

I nod and smile and he returns to his room. Just ten minutes later, the teachers pass by and I pretend I'm asleep.