6. Training

I know I'm fucked up

I know how I treat her.

I know I treat her like shit.

I know she hates me.

She hates me.

I can't even help it. She hated me the second she met me. And no matter what I did after that, it just made it worse.

Learn her how to ride? Hits me.

Give her a rose? Scratches my cheek with it.

Defend her against her asshole teacher? Runs away and abandons me.

I drive back to school, humming a song. It's stuck in my head, I can't help it. I give Jack a bro hug and sit down next to him at our lunch table. I scan the cafetaria, but Willow didn't arrive yet. Will she lunch at home?

"You're sister is a bitch, man," I sigh and Jack chuckles. "Sometimes. You just push her to the edge. You owe her a phone, though," he says and I roll my eyes. 

Okay, maybe I can help it that she hates me. But I tried enough and she just doesn't give in. I gave up. So be it, fuck it.

I hear the bell ring and feel a rush of panic hit me. Where's Willow?

I mean, I know where to be, but I kinda... want to be sure she's safe? I don't know, I just like walking to class with her. She doesn't, though.

She walks in, lays her eyes on me and rolls them. Yeah, like I said, hate. I brush it off with a smirk and walk to her, my pace quicker than normal. We have practice now, but I decide to play dumb.

"Which class?" She rolls her eyes. "Rugby."

That's it. She's quiet the whole walk and I sigh. This doesn't go as planned.

"See ya," I say and walk to the lockers room. See ya? What the actual fuck?

I sigh and dress up for the practice. I still need to get her back for my phone, it's glitching so hard I can't even read a text. 

When I'm dressed, I walk past the ladies room. No one's here. I see Willow's back pack and take it quick. I smirk. She's gonna run some extra miles today...

I get on the running track and start warming up. After some laps, I see Willow going back in, probably realizing she forgot her water or something. Perfect.

Grinning,  I lean against the wall closest to the door she'll come out. She runs back outside and I cock an eyebrow. "What's wrong, Willow?" I ask and she narrows my eyes at me.

"Dane. Give me back my back pack. I need it," she growls and I roll my eyes. I start running away, her following me. "Come and get it, then."

I shake my head and laugh, running three laps with her behind me. After seven laps, she's completely out of breath and slowing down. I grin. No fit.

After one more lap, she starts to stumble. She stops running after me and stumbles to the locker rooms, holding grip to the wall. Huh?

I frown and follow her. In the hallway, I hear weird noises. Even more frowning, I walk in the direction from the sounds. I gasp when I see Willow lying on the floor, her eyes closed and her small body gasping for breath. What the fuck?

I quickly run to her and take her head in my hands. "Willow? Willow, look at me!" I shout and she opens her eyes a little. "D-Dane... they... closed.." she gasps, and I loose her again. 

Closed? What?

"Willow? Willow! Listen to me! What do you need?" I yell and she slightly looks at her bag. Water? I open her bag and rumble in it. I find a puffer.

A puffer.

She has asthma? She never said that, and Jack never mentioned it before. And I just let her run eight laps! Oh my fucking god. 

I pull the puffer to her mouth, but just then her body goes limp. My eyes widen. "No! Willow! Stay with me, come on!"

Shit shit shit!

I part her lips and let her puff on the puffer. Her breathing slows dramatically and I think she's okay now. I pick her up and walk to the cafetaria. Sitting down, I make sure her head doesn't hit anything. 

Okay.

I softly rock her a bit, not knowing what to do. She's tucked to my chest and I kinda like this. She makes a noise and I look at her face. Her eyes open a little, and she seem disoriented. 

"Hey," I whisper and her eyes snap to me. She frowns, but doesn't flinch away. In fact, her fingers clutch to my shirt and she closes her eyes again. "Willow?" I ask and she makes a sound.

"Do you know who I am? Or where we are?" I ask her. I once read something about asking question to someone who's been out, but that was in an article about epilepsy...

Still, it might work.

"I am Willow, you are asshole and we're in the cafetaria," she says. Auch. "This asshole saved you, though," I tell her and she opens her eyes. "You should have. You made me run eight laps," she snaps and I sigh.

"I didn't know you have asthma, okay? You never told me, Jack never told me, I think I handled it pretty well," I say and narrow my eyes. She sighs. "Okay, you're right. Thank you," she sighs.

She keeps clutching to me and closes her eyes again. "You aren't gonna sleep in my arms, are you?" I ask, but she doesn't answer. I sigh.

Should I carry her to her mom?

Or should I keep sitting her?

I don't care about missing the practice. I do care about her health, though. I decide to carry her to the running track.

I stand up and she moves a little. "No," she whines. "Please, stay."

She wants me to stay?

I sit down again and she hums in approval. "Willow? What am I supposed to do?" I ask her. She shrugs. "Keep sitting here, with your arms around me."

She falls silent after that, I assume she fell asleep. She's cute when she sleeps. I take out my phone and take a picture of her. Her sleeping face, the small blush on her cheeks. 

I stand up again, keeping her in bridal style in my arms, and walk outside. Her mom runs to my and so does Jack. Her 'best friend' just rolls her eyes. Bitch.

"What's wrong with her?" Her mom almost yells at me. I'm overwhelmed. "N-nothing. She had an asthma-attack, but I had her bag. And then I helped her get  her puffer, but she fainted," I explain.

Her mom glares at me. "You ran away with her bag?" she growls and I gulp. "I-I... yeah? But I helped her and then her breathing went normal again. I held her in my arms and she woke up. But she didn't want me to go look for you, I had to stay with her. And then she fell asleep and I came here for you."

Jack rolls his eyes. "You don't have to keep her in your arms. Give her to me, come on," he says and I sigh. I hand her over to Jack and he softly starts talking to Willow, walking away from me. But... I liked having having in my arms.

Her mom shoots me a dead look. "Leave her alone, Dane. You're messing her up."

I do?