10. Janitor

- Monday 29th of November

I wake up with a spinning head.

Or is the room spinning?

I groan and bury my head in my pillow. But, I don't get the time to recover since Jack comes in and leans against the doorframe. "Still a hangover?"

"Like you wouldn't know."

He chuckles. "Delilah's here for some make-over, so she says. Do I let her in?" he asks and I nod. Even though Dane strongly says the opposite, it isn't Delilah's fault. It was mine.

She hops in and giggles when she sees my miserable being. "Come on, girl, let's get you ready for school," she smiles and I groan again. "Why are you so enthusiastic?" 

She shrugs. "We're gonna get you boys. They'll stand in line for you, and Dane first," she winks and I sigh. "I do not want Dane," I growl and she giggles. "Let's get to work."

**********

Everyone is looking at me.

I feel small under their stares, but walk confidently to my locker. Delilah grins at me. "They're looking," she whispers and I take a glance at the boys, who are totally checking me out. 

"Come on, let's lunch," she says and I nod. We walk to our table and sit down. June smiles at me and gives me an approving nod. So now I had a make-over they are nice to me?

I'm wearing a glittery skirt and huge earrings. There's lots of make-up on my face and my shirt is too tight. But, it's okay. It's fine.

The guys are looking at me the whole time, but no one asked me out yet. Am I expecting too much?

I start eating and notice a guy standing up, heading into my direction. I blush and try to act cool, like I'm not nervous about what's about to happen.

But he freezes halfway in his movements and sits down quickly again, looking at his plate. What?

I frown and see Dane in the doorway, glaring at the poor guy. I roll my eyes and sigh. "Dane!" I shout and he looks up, at me. He immediately smiles and walks over to our table. He sits down between me June and starts eating.

"Really?" I scoff and he looks up, confused. He frowns and looks around the table. "What? What am I missing?" he asks. I roll my eyes. "That guy was just about to ask me out when you came in and glared at him. Why would you do that?"

He's still looking at me with a puzzled expression, but then realization kicks in. He starts laughing. I frown. "What's so funny?" I ask and he starts chuckling. 

"The fact that you actually thought someone would ask you out when you're wearing that," he chuckles and wipes his laughing tears away. I slump in my seat.

Were they all laughing behind my back?

Delilah backs me up, which surprises me. "You know, Daneyboy. I think she looks amazing, and if you don't see that, you don't deserve her."

His face twists in something -pain?- before he's annoyed. He scoffs. "Like I would want her. We're not even friends," he snaps, stands up and walks to the boys' table.

I stay frozen. We're not friends? Delilah rubs my back. "Are you okay? He's an asshole," she whisper and I nod. "I guess I just  thought we were friends."

She nods. I look around, but no one is looking at me anymore. I sigh and stand up. "I have to go to the toilet," I use as an excuse and walk away. 

In the hallway, I start running to the janitors closet. I start sobbing a little, but know it's not worth it. He's not worth it.

I hide behind boxes, so no one would find me. And luckily for me, because someone comes in after five minutes. I stil my sobs, expecting the person to go away.

But, he doesn't leave. I hear him -or her- breathing and panting hard. Then, the boxes get hit and fall.

My eyes widen with panic, then even more panic when I look at the person.

Of course.

Dane.

(A/N oooh, so NOT expected🙄)

I crawl backwards as he just stands there, panting. His forehead changes into a huge frown and he sits down next to me, his back against the wall, mirroring my movements. His eyes close and he pinches the bridge of his nose.

"So, no friends huh?"  I decide I can ask it as well. His eyes snap open and he looks at me, like he's unsure what to say. "Uh.. yeah," he mutters and I slump.

He frowns. "What are you doing here?" he asks and I roll my eyes, gazing at the wall. "I was hiding for my non-friend," I sigh and feel him tense. "What? Why?"

I glare at him. Really?

"Oh I don't know! Because he laughed at me and embarrassed me for the whole school?" I shout and he cringes. "Uh.. yeah, uh," he stutters and I roll my eyes. "You know, just leave. I want to be alone. Go find another janitors closet where you can kick boxes for no reason."

He doesn't move. "Dane, I'm serious," I growl and he sighs. "What's with the new look?" He changes the subject so fast I'm confused. "What?" I ask. "What's with the look?" he asks again.

I sigh. "Delilah wanted to try something. It worked, all the boys were looking at me," I smirk, but he tenses. I narrow my eyes. "Dane, Delilah did nothing wrong, so shut up," I say and his face twists in confusion.

"Del- oh right, yeah," he nods. "And why were you going crazy over there?" I ask and he sighs. "Nothing special. Problems with some guys," he says, but his voice is shake. I let it go.

The door opens and a janitor comes in. he quickly covers his eyes and points to the door. "I didn't see you here. Go kiss somewhere else," he says, not looking at us. Dane chuckles and I shiver.

Ew.

I expect Dane to at least look disgusted, but his face is neutral. Oh Well.

"Oh, one more thing," he says before I walk away. "Tell Delilah I do deserve you, even if I don't want you."

Okay?