8. Pink

-Next day

-Next day

I slowly walk through the hallway, nobody noticing me. Why would they?

My hope grows a little when I see Delilah at her locker. Maybe we can talk about this. "Hi," I nervously say and she turns around. Her eyes narrow at me and she scoffs. "Did you hear that nerdy sound? I want a book date with Dane because I'm so nerdy!" she mocks and June laughs.

I growl at her, something we both didn't expect. "Listen up. I"m not nerdy. And I do not want Dane," I say clearly. She rolls her eyes. "Proof it then, I would say."

She walks away with June, leaving me with my anger. Bitch. Is it just now or has she always been so bitchy?

I sigh and open my locker, not paying attention. I hear some hissing sound and look up, seeing a massive spider in my locker. I scream and quickly take a few steps back. I'm terrified of spiders.

My breathing quickens. Someone, make it go away.

Some clapping breaks me out of my trance, and I see Dane laughing. I narrow my eyes at him. "Make it go away," I snap and he laughs even harder. "It's... it's fake," he hiccups, wiping the tears out of his eyes.

I frown and walk back to my locker, seeing it is a fake spider, with a tape of the sound under it. I sigh relieved and glare at him. "Asshole," I mutter and he chuckles. 

Suddenly, I hear Pink with True Love playing, and confused, I look around. Where does that come from?

Dane stiffens, and pulls his phone out. He has Pink as ringtone?

But I hate you, I really hate you, so much I think it must be-"

"Why the fuck are you calling me?" he snaps and walks away. I giggle and walk to my class. He'll know where to go, he's a smart boy.

I sit down and avoid the looks of June and Delilah, who no doubt are saying I'm a 'nerd'. Our math teacher starts the lesson and I avoid looking at him, too. I feel little without Dane, because I'd never stand up like him and our teacher knows that. Oh, I shouldn't have gone to lass without him, even though how much I hate it.

He tells us to start making exercises, but I already made them. So, I just stare outside the window. "Willow! If I catch you not paying attention one more time, detention" the teacher yells and I slump in my seat.

"Leave her the fuck alone," someone snaps and I look up through my, already with tears filled, eyes. Dane's panting in the doorway, glaring at the teacher. 

He walks through the class and sits down next to me. I give him a small smile. "Thanks," I whisper, and he finally looks at me. He widens his eyes and wraps an arm around me, very un-Dane.

"Shh, Willow, don't cry. No one's mad at you," he whispers, rubbing my back, also very un-Dane. But, it soothes me. When I look at his face, his expression changes every second. One moment, he's glaring at the math teacher, and the other he's glancing at me, eyes soft. 

I pull away, a little uncomfortable. My eyes widen when I see blood on his hands. I grab his hand and he sighs, looking down. "Who did this?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I know it's not in my right, but I don't want you to fight anymore. You only fuck up yourself," I whisper. He closes his eyes and inhales sharply, not answering me.

Then, he smiles a hesitant smile. "If you promise to not show that video of me dancing, I'll promise to not fight anymore," he says, and I consider it. Hmm..

"Okay. But hold onto it, yes?" He nods and I feel confident, knowing I'm saving some asses. "Now, fan of Pink?" I giggle and he tenses. "Hey, relax. I don't have a vid of that," I whisper and he chuckles lightly.

He shakes his head. "Not a real fan, just... one song," he mumbles. I furrow my brows. "And it's called True Love?"I giggle and he rolls his eyes. "Yes? I'm not all rock-n-roll, you know," he winks and I pretend to gag.

I giggle when he rolls his eyes again and just then, the bell rings. This class was actually fun, I must admit. Dane is a little less an asshole, I guess. 

"Hey, Willow," he starts hesitantly as we walk to our next class. I raise an eyebrow and he gulps a little. "Maybe Jack told you about it, but I doubt that," he laughs a humorless laugh," but I'm throwing a party Friday. Mind if I ask you to come by?"

I stop walking and he tenses, turning around. "No?" His voice is small, but he stands up straight, not actually caring. I cock an eyebrow and start walking again. "Eh... sure? I guess I can come by," I shrug, not showing my excitement. Eat this, Delilah. 'Nerd' going to badboy's party!

He smiles at me. "Okay." 

I nod and we sit down. I overthink this again. It's just Tuesday yet, I still have time to find a good outfit. Should I wear make-up?

He senses I want to ask something and turns to me. "Yes?"  I jump at his voice. "Eh.. I've never really been to a party... How many people will be there?" I ask and he chuckles.

"Of course you haven't. Now, it's a small party. Just half of the school," he casually says and my jaw drops. "HALF OF THE SCHOOL?" I grab my hair. What did I agree to?

He chuckles again. "You better get used to it," he grins.

What does he mean by that?

*********

Hiiii

Thoughts?

Please vote and comment! I love your comments!

<3