7. Let's dance

I woke up as soon as he walked outside

And now I'm in Jack's arms. They're not as warm and cozy as Dane's. "Jack, stop talking," I mumble and hear him sigh. "This is too dangerous, Willow. You have to tell people about it."

I shrug. "Dane's in my class and he knows now, so it'll be okay," I say and open my eyes. I see Mom talking with Dane, but she glares at him the whole time and he seems uncomfortable.

His own damn fault.

I do feel bad he's getting in trouble for helping me. So I walk over to them and smile at Mom. "Mom, leave it. I'm fine, he helped me. I appreciate your help, I really do, but he'll stay away from me. Isn't that right, Dane?"

I sweetly smile at him, but he just stands there. Eyes wide, jaw dropped. I roll my eyes. "Stay away, Dane. It's better for both of us. Go play some games with other girls, but not with me," I snap and he slumps a little.

"Fine," he grumbles and walks away. I smile at Mom and she winks at me. I giggle and run to Delilah, who's talking to June. "Hey girls! What are you talking about?" I ask, smiling.

Delilah slides her gaze up from my legs to my face and tries to not look disgusted. She fake-smiles. Is there something wrong with me?

"We were just talking about why you're even talking to Dane. He obviously doesn't want you, so stop flirting with him," she snaps. My eyes widen and I take a step back. "I- Delilah, I don't want him. I told you I hate him about a hundred times. Weren't you listening?"

She rolls her eyes and June giggles. "Oh please, you always just ramble and ramble on about your stupid books. Stop that, by the way. It's not cool or nice. It won't get you boys. I mean, look at you. You never wear any make-up, you dress up like a child and you act like a nerd. Get yourself together and find new friends. We're done with you."

They walk away, leaving me with tears in my eyes. I start to sob lightly. This was never my intention. 

Do I dress like a child? 

I think about it. My clothes are fine, I think. I mean, okay, they don't look like Delilah's fashionable dress, but if I'm honest hers kinda looks like a painting of Picasso. And not in a good way.

And how dare she say books are stupid! Yes, the math books are, but it's the only kind of real love I've experienced. I can just wish for a love like that. 

I start to run laps an the track again, now in my tempo and not tracing Dane, and think about what Delilah means. Make-up is a no-go, I just don't like the feeling on my face.

I'm not paying attention and run faster and faster, and I pass Dane, now running at his speed. And he's fast. I hear him mumble something, and lean a bit closer to hear what he's saying," Bitch..."

I slow down. Was that to me? Why is everyone so mean today?

The practice is done and I run to the locker rooms, change fast and bike to the dance school. I smile at Mickey, the boss of the school. "Hey Willow! Gonna work on your hiphop today?" she asks and I nod.

"Good! Hey, Lina is sick, so she's not coming. Could you lock the front door after you're done?" she ask, handing me the key. I nod and walk to the first room.

Hiphop is hard. I saw a video with cool dance moves, and I wrote down what they do. So, first twice punch the air, twist and clap. 

Okay, this will go. Punch, punch, clap and twist. Dammit!

Soon, I'm sweating, but I don't want to give up. I want to do this. 

Punch, punch, twist and clap. Yes!

I smile and drink some water. I guess it's time to head home, it's almost seven. Wow! Did I work three hours on this? 

I shake my head and walk out of the room. I check all the other rooms, in case I don't lock anyone up. I want to turn around and go home when I hear noise in the last room. No one ever chooses that one, why would there be someone now?

Slowly, I tip toe to the door and widen my eyes when I see the person dancing.

Dane?

He's wearing a headphone and is humming on the music. I take out my phone and film him. Maybe I can get him back like this...

After a minute or two, I slide my phone back in my pocket and just continue watching me. I noticed it's almost the same dance as I practiced earlier. And damn, he's good.

When he finally looks in the mirror instead of his feet, he turns around quickly, falling against the mirror. His eyes widen when he recognizes me and he walks towards me, his headphone thrown to the other side of the room.

"What the fuck are you doing here, Willow?" he snaps and I raise my hands defensive. "Hey, don't go mad at me. I'm just watching you dancing," I smirk and he sighs. His hair is wet from his sweat, and so is his forehead. Ew.

He sits down, panting a little. "How much did you see?" he asks, and looks scared for the answer. "I saw a lot. And so will the other students of our school," I giggle and he stiffens. "No. Willow, please. I beg you, I really do. Don't show this, my life will be ruined."

As if I care. He ruined mine.

"So? Do I look like I care?" I ask, turning around to go home. He can lock the school. "No, you don't look like you care, but I know you're not that mean. Please Willow, they'll all laugh at me," he says, and I turn around again.

He's standing again and looks very vulnerable. "I'll see," I smile sweetly and disappear trhough the door.