2. Make-up

"Hi, D!"

"Hi, D!"

I give her a hug and walk inside of her huge house. I mean, my parents have money, but we live in a middle-sized house. I wouldn't want it different, though.

"What are we doing?" I ask and she giggles. "I wanted to do some make-over, I have new make-up!" 

I sigh, but don't show her. She knows I'm not that girl, always wearing fancy dresses and make-up. But she is, and so I have to endure it. "Okay," I fake-smile. 

I'm good at fake-smiling. I need it a lot, at school. But, people who really know me see the different between a fake-smile and a real one. Delilah's just not paying attention now, so she doesn't see it. 

"C'mon! Let me show you how to use it! You could use some," she smiles and I shake my head. "No, thanks. Really," I say. Unfortunately for me she sits me down in the chair and starts doing something on my cheek. I sigh again.

"Done! Leave it like that and every boy at school tomorrow wants you," she shouts and I sheepishly nod. Hell no. I look like a barbie.

But, I still thank her and go home. As I bike home, I wonder if I should leave it. I do want a boyfriend...

But not like this. Personality is more important than the looks, so no make-up for me. Although, all my personality has brought me with boys, is hate. Oops.

I park my bike in the garage and walk in the kitchen to grab some food. But of course, I'm not looking and crush to someone's chest. I expect it to be Jack, but when I look up, I see Dane's face and his raised eyebrows.

He starts laughing and my shoulders slump. Dammit. "New look?" he hiccups, wiping the tears from his face. I ignore him and walk to the living room, to see Jack playing on the PlayStation. "I thought you were meeting him at his place?" I hiss. 

Jack looks up, and his face goes from apologetic to amusement. "What happened to you?" he laughs. "Stop laughing, I know it looks horrible. What is that dick doing in our kitchen?" I snap. He stops.

"Turns out his PlayStation is broken," he says. I roll my eyes. "So? There are other things to do. And couldn't you send me a text? So I know I can hide? You know he just wants to embarrass me," I sigh. "Sorry, bubs," Jack whispers and I sigh again.

Bubs is my nickname. I don't mind it, but if Dane finds out... He'll make my life hell at school.

"I'm going upstairs. Stay away from me," I warn, knowing Dane hears me. I run upstairs, to the bathroom.

While I'm wiping my make-up away, I hear Mom and Dad laughing. I walk to their door and peek through the key hole. They're lying in bed, cuddling. They look happy. I want to jump on the bed, to be part of it, but I'd just screw it up for them.

I turn around, but I hear a change in their laugh. Then, a silence. "Willow! Come join, we know you're watching us," Mom laughs and I smile. I open the door a little and show my head.