33. Pipe

Dane stumbles in the school hallway, with me holding his hands

I stayed with him last night,after I called my parents. They said Jack was furious, but if he would just listen...

Everyone gasps when they see Dane's blue cheek. He hides his face in my neck when we sit down at our table. The boys, for once, don't make fun of him. 

"Jack beat him up for being my boyfriend," I quickly explain and they nod. "You okay, bro?" Tyson asks when Dane's face twists in pain. He nods. "I'm fine. I'm fine."

He is not fine.

But he wanted to let Jack know he's not scared and he's even more stubborn then I am, so here we are. Everyone tenses when Jack walks in the cafetaria.

He hasn't seen us yet, and sits down next to... Noah. I smile at Noah, who looks happy, but also very mad. I didn't expect him to be so mad...

"What the fuck?" he spits out at Jack, who first looks confused, then furious when he sees Dane and me.

He narrows his eyes at Dane and stands up. But Noah takes his shirt and sets him back down. Jack looks surprised, but stays seated.

"He's fucking my god damn sister and you think that's okay?" He sounds shocked. Noah shrugs. "I don't know if they fucked yet, but what I do know is that they're in a healthy relationship that's been lasting two weeks now. So shut your mouth and listen."

Everyone's jaw is dropped. Apparently no one, expected Noah to be so harsh. Jack is silent, but I see madness swirling in his eyes.

"Two weeks? And you all knew?" he yells, and the boys looks down at their plates. "What kind of friends are you? What the fuck?"

He stands up again, walking around the table to Dane. Dane tries to stand up, but with his injuries it isn't possible. So, he just looks terrified as Jack stops in front of him. He backs away a little, but groans and grabs his side.

I quickly change seats and sit in front of him, between Dane and Jack. He narrows his eyes at me. "Hello Willow. Feeling good you're protecting Dane? Listen to me. He's gonna dump you, right after you slept with him. So if you're smart, you'll listen to me and dump him before he dumps you," he snaps.

Dane stiffens. "That's so not fucking true! If you would just listen to us! I love her," he yells. Everyone gasps and is silent. I just turn to him and smile. "Oh, Jack, by the way," I say and stand up, to Dane and hug him. "I love him too."

They boys start yelling and shouting, excited about this. Jack is stiff and watches us with wide eyes. Dane smirks and kisses me, in front of Jack.

Jack storms off. Noah looks at him, and I see his doubts. I walk over to him and sit down next to him. "He'll be fine. I promise. Did you already chat?" I whisper.

He smiles. "Yes. We chatted like the whole night, and it felt good. But I still don't know if he likes me," he sighs frustrated. I frown sympathetically. "It's gonna be okay. I'll talk with him."

"I'm sorry, Willow, but do you think he'll listen to you right now?"  I sigh, too. "Well, not now, but I'll figure this out. I'll help you," I promise and he nods. 

Dane groans again. "Fuck this. I'm getting beaten up again," he sighs. I frown. "I won't let that happen to you, baby," I say. Tyson makes gagging noises and I roll my eyes.

"Fuck you," I say and he raises his eyebrows. "Hey, I'm not the one making out with my brother's best friend."

True. "No, you're the one who will be lonely forever if he doesn't shut his mouth," I throw back and he shuts up. 

Good.

Dane excuses himself. "I need to go to the bathroom. I'll see you guys later. Willow, see you in class. I'll be fine," he reassures me and gives me a kiss before stumbling away.

I sigh. He's hurting so bad, but doesn't want to give in.

 He's hurting so bad, but doesn't want to give in

I stumble to the bathroom.

"Fuck," I curse under my breath. Why didn't I just listen to Willow and stayed in my bed for today? Right. Because she doesn't want to miss any days and I don't want her to change that for me.

She could have nursed me the whole time...

Sighing, I stumble to the door. But before I can get in, I notice no one's in the hallway. I shrug, and immediately cringe. I'm never beating anyone up again. This hurts too much.

Suddenly, I feel something on my head and fall down. I bring my hand to the back of my head, and feel something sticky. Blood.

I turn around, seeing Jack standing bent over me, with a fucking pipe in his hand. With blood on. I groan and try to stand up, but I'm too dizzy. I fall down again and scream it out from the pain.

This can't end good.

He takes my arm and drags me to a small area behind the school, not caring about my painful screams and groans. He pushes me down on the ground, and I keep laying down. It hurts so bad...

The black spots are back, dancing on my vision. I try to fight them, but as Jack hits me again and they grow bigger, I give up. Maybe it'll take the pain away. 

Is death peaceful? I hope it is.

I hope Willow can find an other guy who makes her happy, even if it's just half as happy as she was with me.

No. I'm not leaving her.

I turn around and shield my head with my arm. He stops and I take a few breaths, panting. The black spots slowly fade, and I can see his face more clearly now.

"Jack, please," I beg him, only causing him to glare at me. "You're a fucking traitor, Dane. I'm two weeks away, and you hit on my sister?" he yells, so furious I don't think he's thinking straight.

I need him to calm down. "No, Jack, you don't understand. I've been liking her for the past four years. And now she likes me too. Do you know how good it feels to have someone who loves you?"

This catches him off-guard. He narrows my eyes at me. "You don't know how I'm feeling! You don't know anything!" he yells. I gulp. Great, I made him mad again.

"All I'm saying is that I'm not dumping Willow. She makes me happy. And we haven't done anything," I say, slowly. Jack blinks, and comes closer. But it's not a threatening step, so I don't crawl backwards.

And then he hits me again, right on my head. I fall down and the black spots come so fast I don't have time to fight them.

I drift away, to a black, empty room where nothing but oblivion exists.