23. Bus

-A week later- Monday

My parents wake me up.

They're doing something downstairs, making a lot of noise. I sighs and look at the clock. 5:24 am. Ugh.

I want to turn around, but remember soon enough I'm caged in Dane's arms. My arms are wrapped around his neck, his around my waist. I look up, at his sleeping face. It doesn't happen a lot that I'm the one who wakes up first, and I enjoy it.

I trace his jawline and he makes a small sound, but stays asleep. His lips curl into a smile and I giggle. I place a kiss on his lips and he immediately kisses back. His eyes open slowly and then he smiles again.

"I like this way of waking up," he whispers and I giggle. "You do?" He nods and closes his eyes again. 

"Willow."

I hear someone cough behind me, and turn around. Dad and Mom are standing in my doorway, looking at us. Dad frowning, Mom giggling. 

My eyes widen and Dane tenses. "Shit," he mumbles. I rest my head on his chest and he relaxes a bit. Dad glares at him. "How does he even get in?" he asks Mom, and she giggle. "Window," Dane answers and Dad rolls his eyes. 

"Willow, are you packed yet?" Mom asks and I sigh. "I packed everything yesterday," I say and she nods. "Me too," Dane says and I smack his head, softly. "Did she ask you?" Dad snaps and Dane remains silent.

I narrow my eyes at Dad. "What in hell do you have against him? Did he do something wrong?" I ask, my tone harsh. "Well, that's a good question, Willow. Did he do something wrong? Or he did, or you lied for a few years to us."

That shuts me up. I haven't explained it to them yet. 

I sigh. "Okay. But... I kinda misunderstood that. I'll explain it later," I say and they nod. "Good. Bus leaves at eight, be ready and there then."

They leave and I look back at Dane. He's not looking very good, a little bit pale. "Oops," I giggle and he sighs, closing his eyes. "What the hell did you tell them?" he whispers and I giggle again. "Everything. They're kinda my best friends. Maybe I should give them more attention. Since I'm with you all the time, they're kinda lonely."

Guilt fills me and I slump against him. He kisses the top of my head. "Willow, you have the best bond with your parents, they know that too. It's okay to have friends of your age," he says. My eyes widen. "We're... friends?"

My tone is slightly disappointed, and I hate it. Sure, I knew I wasn't his girlfriend, but just friends? 

He smiles. "I meant the other boys, Willow. We're not friends, you know that as much as I do." I sigh relieved. Then, I frown. "Then what are we?" I ask. He shrugs. "We'll figure it out."

I nod and stand up. He whines and reaches for me, "No, you're warm." I giggle and walk out of the room, to the bathroom. I hear him call my name, but don't listen. 

I quickly change and walk back. But just before I open the door, I hear him talk to someone. "Dane, we need to talk," the person says. Dad?

I open the door a bit, enough to see through, but not enough to notice if you're in the room. It is Dad, who's talking to Dane. they're sitting on my bed. Dane looks absolutely terrified.

"Eh, yeah, sure," he mumbles. "What are you exactly planning to do with her? She doesn't even has one real friend, Dane, so don't fuck it up," Dad snaps.

Auch. Thanks Dad.

"Sir, I don't want to be friends with Willow. I kinda want to be her boyfriend, but don't know how to ask her. I just... I never had the intention to hurt Willow, it just happened. And then we started with pranks... You've been young, you know how it goes, right?"

Dad nods. I'm almost shaking out of my body of excitement. He wants to be my boyfriend?

It takes everything in me to not jump in that room and kiss him and say he can be my boyfriend, but I pass. Dad seems less frustrated with Dane now and stands up. "Okay boy, just remember, Willow is very special."

Dane smiles and nods. "I know, Sir. I really do." "Well then."

Dad opens the door and I almost fall on the ground. He smirks and walks away, closing the door behind him. Dane's eyes are widen and he's tense. This is not a good morning for him...

"You just hear all of that, didn't you?"  I nod and he sighs, hiding his face in his hands. "Oh God. Please don't say what you're thinking right now. Wait, actually, yes. Tell me what you're thinking. Then I finally know the answer."

I giggle and sit down next to him. He glances at m out of the corner of his eyes and seems nervous. "I think," I start and he inhales deeply, eyes shut," that I want that too. And that you're really cute."

His eyes open, wide and his head snaps to me. "Really?" he smiles and I nod. He pulls me in a hug and I can just hear his bright smile. "Okay, let's do it officially now. I've been waiting long enough for this, I can do it as well."

I nod and he lets go of me. "Willow, do you want to be my girlfriend?" he smiles and I yelp excitedly. I love this. I love to hear the words out of his mouth.

"Yes."

He smiles again and kisses me.

************

"Everyone, get in the bus."

Dane smiles at me. Well, his smile never left his face and now we're holding hands. All the boys have been asking what's up with him, but he's been denying it all morning. He said he wanted to say it in the bus, with all of their reactions together. It's fine for me.

Just before Dane gets in, a teacher takes him apart. I frown and wait for him. He gets a little mad, I can tell, but he controls himself. Then, he smiles and nods. I'm surprised by this sudden change, but I'm proud of him, actually.

He walks back to me and intertwines our hands again. I look at him questionably and he shrugs. "They want me to sit with them. Bad boy," he says and points to himself. "But I asked if you can go sit with me and they said yes, so it's okay. Probably because you're such a perfect student," he teases and I giggle.

We get in and sit on the back seat, next to a teacher. She moves a seat and now there's an empty spot. I giggle and snuggle into Dane. He wraps his arms around me and rests his head on top of mine.

The boys are sitting on the seats in front of us and turn around. They look at Dane's arm around me and smirk. "So, you're finally gonna tell us why that smile doesn't disappear?" Tyson asks and I feel Dane shrug. 

Now they're looking at me and I giggle. I eye Dane and shrug. "Can I tell them?" I ask and he nods. "If you want to."

I look back at the boys and smile. "We're together."

They role their eyes. "Yes, I know we're all together, but what's the news?" Oliver asks. I sigh. They're so stupid. Noah rolls his eyes. "Oh my God. You guys don't have brains. They. Are. Together."

I smile at Noah. The rest of the boys make "ah" or "ooh" sounds and grin. "That's it? What an anticlimax," Tyson says and I frown. "What do you mean?"

He cocks an eyebrow. "Don't tell me you didn't see this coming. You've been clinging on each other for three weeks and kissing on doing cute shit, so this was totally planned."

I shake my head. "That's not true. I truly hated him," I bring in and Dane sighs. I look up and see he has a pained expression. I give him a kiss. "Hated. Now I like you a lot," I whisper and his grip tightens.

He takes his phone out and starts a movie. I stand up and sit on his lap, letting him hug me. "I love this," he whispers in my ear. I smile and turn my head, giving him a kiss. 

"Me too."