24. Lake

I smile at her

I smile at her.

She fell asleep in my arms while we were watching the movie and I give her a kiss on her hair. She smiles and clutches my shirt in her hands. Tyson grins at me and I roll my eyes. "No," I whisper, but he sits down next to me.

I hide her a bit behind me, but then she's not tucked to my chest anymore and I don't like that. "Tyson, I swear to God, if you punch her, I'll kill you," I snap and he chuckles. "So protective..."

"Yeah, and lucky for her," I sigh and give her another kiss. "You know, she changes you," Tyson says and I look at him. He seems serious, for once.

I shrug. "Yeah, I'm serious. You're always smiling and laughing, and you seem happy around her. She makes you happy. And I like her for that. She's good for you, and a keeper."  I smile. She sure is.

"Alright, everybody, we're here! Get out!"

I take our bags and give them to Tyson. Then, I pick her up and carry her outside the bus. The teachers look weird at me, and I mouth 'asleep'. They nod and smile at me. I widen my eyes in myself. Did I just take justify? Oh my fucking-

Nick grins at my panic. "Yeah, man. You fucked up," he shrugs and I widen my eyes again. No. "It was just...," I try, but can't find a good lie. I sigh. There's no denying. I'm turning into a pussy for her. And I don't even mind it.

We walk in rows through the streets. I should wake her up, she can't miss this. "Willow? Willow, wake up," I whisper. She opens her eyes a little, still sleepy, but smiles at me. I give her my broadest smile back.

"We're in Paris," I tell her and she looks around, noticing she's in my arms. But when I expect her to jump out of them, she just snuggles to my chest and looks around. I smile. I like her in my arms, it feels like I'm protecting her and she's safe.

"Wow," she mumbles and looks around. The old houses clearly have her attention, even though I'm the one who should. I clear my throat and her attention is drawn to me. "Hey," I smile and she giggles. "Hey."

I pout. "I want attention too." She rolls her eyes and continues to watch the old buildings. Really? I sigh and pretend to set her down. She yelps in unapproval and glares at me. "Don't you dare set me down."

I gulp. "Okay, chill. I was joking," I say and she giggles. "I know. Nowbe a good slave and walk me to the hotel."

************

It's break.

They let us have a free day at the lake. I'm talking to Tyson and the boys while watching Willow shout and scream in excitement. Almost all the girls are on some raft in the middle of the lake. It's not deep, just very cold.

Tyson shows me a pic of his new fix, and I turn my head to shift my attention to his phone. It's a some blond girl, and I think she's hot. I'm not sure, I'm not really looking. I have Willow...