38. Nightmare

Hand in hand, they walk downstairs

I gasp and point at their hands, giggling. Jack narrows his eyes at me, Noah sticks out his tongue. "So, picknick?" I ask as they sit down next to me on the couch. Noah nods, but Jacks looks confused.

"How do you know? Oh my- Noah, no. You didn't discuss this with my sister, did you?" He looks at him. Noah grins. "Yes, I did. Apparently she's my bestie, so," he shrugs. I laugh and Jack roll his eyes. "Oh my god. My crush is besties with my sister."

I giggle. "Hey, mine too!" I shout. Well, except for the fact it's with my brother and that he's... what, my ex now? I gasp. Is he my ex?

Noah frowns sympathetically at me. Jack frowns, too. "What? What happened?" he asks. I shrug. "Dane and I broke up," I whisper, not able to speak louder when tears fill my eyes. He immediately narrows his eyes. "Did that bastard hurt you?"

I shake my head. "No, but what if I said yes? No beating up, remember?" I say and he sighs. "I know, but a threatening text is okay, right?" he asks innocently. "No!" Noah and I shout.

"I'm gonna call him. Have fun on your date," I say and walk upstairs. I press the call button and wait for Dane to pick up. He hangs up.

I call him again, but he hangs up again.

And the ten times after that. I'm crying when I call for the thirteenth time, but finally, he picks up. But it's not the Dane I wanted.

"What, slut? Can't find a guy to fuck you? Too bad, maybe you cheated on all of them," he snaps and hangs up again.

My breathing hitches, but then I cry louder. I want to scream, but know it won't help a tiny bit.

My door opens brutally and Noah and Jack come in. Noah gasps and walks towards me, picking me up and hugging me. He sits down on the bed, and Jack sits down next to him. "Willow, Willow, calm down."

I shake my head. Why would I? 

"If you don't calm down, we're not going on a date," Noah threatens. Jack punches his upper arm. "Hey," he whispers, indignant. But Noah knows how to handle me.

I force myself to calm down. If I can't have happiness, they have to get mine. They deserve it. Jack smiles at me and wipes my tears away. "I'm sorry, Willow, that he didn't pick up. Just give him some time, okay?"

I nod. I did speak to him, but I don't want Jack to kill Dane, so I don't say anything. Jack walks out of my room, but Noah stays and looks at me expecting something. I frown at him, still in his arms.

"So? I know you talked to him," he says. I sigh. "The specific words?" He nods and I sigh again. "Something in the line of 'What, slut? Can't find someone to fuck with? Guess you cheated on all of them', and then he hung up again."

Noah tenses, and his eyes show his madness. "What the fuck? This dude is sick," he growls. I place a hand on his chest. "Easy, Noah. You're scaring me," I whisper.

He snaps out of his trance, staring at e-me in horror. "Oh my, I'm sorry, Willow. I just got a little carried away," he explain, and I nod. "I don't blame you," I shrug.

He stand up. "I better get going, Jack's waiting at me."  I give him a wink and he gives me a dark smile. He leaves my room and I shiver. The thought of Noah and my brother being not so innocent... ew.

******

"I laugh at Noah's joke. Everything is fine. But then they come in. The perfect couple. The King and Queen. Romeo and Juliet of our highschool.

Delilah and Dane."

I wake up screaming.

I haven't had nightmares in a month. And now it's even more terrifying, because it could be true..

I start crying and Mom runs into my room. She takes me in her arms and I sob into her shoulder. "W-here's Dane?" I sob.

She sighs. "He's not here, Willow."  I frown and look around in my room. He's not? "But..." And then I remember today.

I start sobbing again. Mom wants to hug me, but I shake her off. "I'm fine, I'm fine!"I snap and turn around, facing the wall.

She sighs, but walks away and my door closes. Guilt fills me. She didn't deserve that... "Mom!" I yell. The door opens again, just a little bit. "I'm sorry," I whisper. She smiles.

"I know, baby. Try to sleep a little bit."  I nod and close my eyes. 

Why didn't he come by?

******

I wake up.

My hands search his warm body in the bed, but I only find coldness. Confused, I open my eyes, seeing he isn't here. 

Oh.

Right.

I sigh and get up. I walk downstairs, seeing Jack and Noah laughing. I smile. They're so cute together. Then, I notice Mom and Dad at the dinner table, watching them with a smile.

"Hey, Willow! Your brother said I have a cute face, that's not true, is it?" Noah yells and I giggle, sitting down next to Mom. "Well..." I tease. He fake gasps.

"Oh my god! It's a conspiracy!" he shouts. Jack laughs so hard his water pours out of his nose. I wrinkle my nose. "Ew, Jack!" I yell.

Noah's just giggling. I love them together. They're a power couple.

I smile and get upstairs to change for school.

School.

Where Dane is. How am I supposed to see him -and sit next to him- without crying? Oh god. 

But I'm sure Noah and Jack are on my side. I don't know from the rest of they boys, but at least I'm not lonely...