36. Disgust

(Maybe that ^ can make u happy with him? I mean, 6pack ;) )

He really does love her, doesn't he?

I watch them from the door, leaning against the wall. Willow cups his face in her hands.

"Dane, it's fine. You're fine. I know it's frustrating, not remembering it, but so what? You woke up today, and that's a lot. You made me so happy, just by opening your eyes," she soothes him.

And it works. He smiles and hugs her. "I love you, Willow. I won't ever, ever scare you like that again." She smiles, too.

So he makes her happy?

Damn, I should have just listened. And now I fucked it all up. I beat the shit outta my best friend. And then I hit him with a steel pipe. I close my eyes, in disgust with myself.

I knock on the door and walk back in, and they shift a little away from each other. I sigh and sit down. "It's fine," I groan.

Willow hesitantly shifts back, closer to him again. I smile reassuring and nod, and she rests her head on his shoulder. He wraps his arms around her and shift her closer.

Now she's tucked sideways to his chest. Her head is on his shoulder and I see her eyes drop. She's so tired from staying here...

Dane notices it too and wraps his arms around her more firmly. He hides his nose in her hair and closes his eyes for a moment. Then, they shoot back open and with wide eyes, he looks at me.

"It's fine. You guys are good together," I wave it away and he sighs, clearly relieved. 

While we talk, Willow sleeps. Everyone can see she's comfortable in Dane's arms. And I see he takes care of her. Every time she frowns, he kisses it away, until she's smiling again. And sometimes she whispers, clutching his collar in her hand.

When she does that, he stops taking to me, and starts whispering to her. And it's fascinating. I watch him taking notes of whatever happens to her. If she shifts, he registers every movement she makes. 

He looks back at me, apologetic. "Sorry man, what were you saying?"  I smile. "It's nothing. I didn't thought I would, but I like seeing you together. It's kinda satisfying," I tell him, and he smiles broadly.

"You know, I just love her," he says, then looks at me a little scared. I smile and he relaxes. "I can tell. I'm so fucking sorry, Dane, I'd do anything to make it up," I say.

His eyes soften a little. "I know. I forgive, if you promise not to hit me ever again. God, it hurt so bad," he groans. A wave of guilt hits me. "I'm sorry," I mumble.

He nods. "Yes, you mentioned that like thousand times."  I want to say something, but Willow starts muttering in her sleep.

"Dane? Dane!" she cries out.

Great. Now I've made her have nightmares about Dane leaving.

He strokes her face, softly. Her breath hitches, but tears escape and he gasps. "Willow? Willow, wake up baby. I'm here. I'm here and I love you, come on," he whispers.

She opens her eyes, frowning and sobbing. Then, she looks up at his face and exhales relieved. He hugs her and she calms down. I shift awkwardly in my chair.

I was I had love like that...

"I love you," she whispers. He cups the back of her head in his hand and hides her face in his neck. "I know, baby. I'm here, and I love you too. Calm those breaths for me, Willow. I need you to calm down."

I didn't even notice her breaths were hitching. She squeezes his hand and slowly calms down. "S-sorry," she stutters. He frowns and gives her a kiss. "Why are you apologizing, baby?" he softly asks.

"B-because I'm being dramatic," she says. He shakes his head. "No, you're not. C'mon, let's chat a bit with Jack, yes?" He takes a look at her and she nods, turning around to face me. I smile at her. "You alright?"

She nods and tucks to his chest, keeping eyes on me. I know she's scanning for signs of disapproval, but I only feel happiness for them. 

And then Mom and Dad storm in. "Oh, he's awake!" Mom shouts and runs to Dane's bed. His eyes are wide when he watches her sprint to him. She hugs him and he stiffens, then hesitantly hugs her back. 

"Mom," Willow giggles. Mom lets go of Dane and sits down next to my chair. Dad picks her up, then sits down and sets her down on his lap. She rolls her eyes, but give him a kiss on his cheek and he's happy.

Dane looks confused. "What," he mutters, and Willow turns to him. "You're gonna stay with us until you're better. Fun, right?" she enthusiastically tells him.

He nods. "Yeah.."

Disappointment clouds her face. "You don't like that?" Her voice is small. I narrow my eyes at Dane. If he doesn't come up with a good excuse, I'll hit him again.

"No, no! I do like it! But are your parents okay with that? If not, I can just stay at mine," he quickly says. I relax in my chair. 

Mom laughs. "Oh, we're more than okay with that. We're finally meeting Willow's boyfriend," she smiles. Her face lights up the room. I know she wants to see Willow happy. I do, too.

Well then don't beat up her boyfriend.

This will take a while for me to finally look at myself without disgust. Ugh. I want to groan, but I don't want to ruin the mood. So, I smile.

Willow squeaks in excitement and gives Dane small kisses all over his face. He smiles and hugs her. 

"Easy, baby. I know I'm hot, but don't let my ego blow up," he chuckles. She giggles.

I roll my eyes.